News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Parts List Anomalies.

Started by Alan Drover, May 07, 2024, 07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Drover

I know this is more Series 3 related but Series 2's are involved.
I have to renew the radiator hoses this year and over the Bank Holiday I had a communication from Craddock's regarding special offers and there are silicone hose kits for Defenders, Discoveries and Freelanders but not for Series.
I rang them this afternoon and had a chat with a helpful Scott who asked me to check part numbers. From the parts list I gave him the top hose number which he identified immediately but the bottom hose illustration looked nothing like mine. I described it to him as it's got a 180 degree bend and he suggested I try part number 530585 on their website. The illustrations was the correct hose but it was shown as a Series 2A one. I had a look at the Series 2A parts list that I've downloaded and the illustration of the bottom hose was identical to that in my parts book but checking against the illustration number a number of alternatives were given depending what radiator was fitted and there was 530585. No alternatives were shown in my Series 3 parts list
Thanks to Scott I now know that the bottom hose on my Land Rover is for a 2A.
Now to get back to Craddock's to see if there's a silicone kit available.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Twomokes

From memory that part number is for the military 24v front cover. IIRC the 2.5 petrol was offered for 110s and 90s with that cover with factory fitted air con.
The old days are the old days only because there're gone and won't be back.

Alan Drover

I've just checked page 1O 05 of the Series 2A parts list and 530585 is item 58, shown as a bottom hose for a radiator with a straight outlet.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

Here's a Series 2A bottom radiator hose 530585 connecting a Series 3 radiator to a 2.5 petrol engine.
Best I can do for clarity.
"Ça plane pour moi!"