News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Tyres

Started by Bigdog, Oct 23, 2023, 09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Hywel

Quote from: Bigdog on Oct 27, 2023, 06:54 PMIs this tyre size same as a 7.50 x 16
Nowhere near. 10.4" wide and 75% aspect ratio.

Bigdog

Alan Drover

Quote from: Bigdog on Oct 27, 2023, 06:54 PMIs this tyre size same as a 7.50 x 16
Isn't there a size on the sidewall?
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Bigdog

How do I tell by looking at my wheels and tyres if they are tube or tubeless, had a look and it doesn't say on my existing tyres

Alan Drover

The valve stem gives it away. A tubed valve will have much more movement tha the rigid tubeless one which will be fixed to the hole in the rim as opposed to being just pushed through it.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Bigdog

Perfect, I will check over the weekend, didn't realise how difficult it would be to get the correct tyres

Alan Drover

Was a reason given for "Not fitted in accordance with sidewall instructions?"
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Bigdog

Anyone used Bridgestone dueler A/T tyres

NO

Your pic shows a tyre with a width of 265mm an aspect or height of 75% of 265 and a rim size of 16 inches

A 7.50 16 has a width of 7.5inches and 100% aspect 16 inch rim.

Alan Drover

I couldn't see the size previously as I was unable to enlarge the photo. I wondered how 2286 knew so I persevered and eventually enlarged the photo to see the size.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Some times the pics zoom up, and sometimes they dont.

If you are anything like me you will be learning bits and bobs every day, that goes for land rovers and computers.

Autorover gave me a masterclass in wheel rim profiles yesterday.

Alan Drover

There's always something to learn in automotive mechanics. I was helping a young chap in how to resurrect an MG Midget which had been in storage for 22 years, which I had learned previously from of all places, Wheeler Dealers. TV does screen useful information sometimes.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

2H

Quote from: Bigdog on Oct 27, 2023, 08:10 PMPerfect, I will check over the weekend, didn't realise how difficult it would be to get the correct tyres

It's all down to market needs. Tyre manufacturers would still make 6.00-16,7.50-16 tube type if there was a need for them. Those G90's have come off an ex military 90 or 110, I do know that Crouch Recovery usually have a few of them, as they but loads of ex mil stock from the MOD.As for fitting tubes i would have thought the inside would be to rough for them, but haho some people fit them without issue. Going by the number of Series Land Rovers at shows using tubeless factory 5.5 inch -16 wheels, that would be the way I would go.   

Bigdog

Just checked my tyres and my valves move freely so I assume they are tubed ones

Birdsnest55

These may help.

Paul
1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.