It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Series 2a Light Weight- correct forum?

Started by Seanlandy, Mar 28, 2024, 08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathanglasgow

It's hidden in the box called USER ACTION. Bottom right

diffwhine

On your phone, click on "User Actions" and it should give you a reply option.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Seanlandy

Brill. Thank you. Some photos for starters

O7BE16

Welcome. I also have a 1969 Lightweight which I am in the process of rebuilding and I find the Series 2 Club and Forum very helpful. My vehicle is very close to yours 23601121A - 42FG92. If you are interested you should be able to find the service history of your vehicle from the Royal Logistic Corps Archive (https://www.rlcarchive.org/VehicleSrch2),if your chassis number is 23601134A there is a fair chance the registration number is 43FG05.
Richard

Seanlandy

Thanks Richard. I don't suppose one is allowed to have the original reg number back on?  I believe the vendor has done some homework already, so when I pick it up this week, I shall have more of an idea.
Thanks

Space-Kook

That'll be the military reg, not one used once it was released. You can't drive around with it on, but that's what you should look for when tracking down pics of it in service or looking for your B card. It's good for shows too, people like an FG, it's a good sign the vehicle is early.

If the seller hasn't got your b card we can probably help, but you'll need to decipher what the last digit of your chassis number is - 4 or 7 maybe?
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

chipbury

There's probably enough 2A lightweight owners on this forum for us to have our own section!

If you can get your B card there will be some interesting stuff on it - below is the one for mine.  It spent it's whole life in Northern Ireland being passed on to incoming regiments for their tour.

Seanlandy

That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing your B card. Yours seems to have been just down the road from me in Stafford. I am hoping the vendor has already done this homework, but if not I shall be sure to try and track it down.

Does the 4 or 7 tell us some vital information or just another piece in the overall jigsaw.  I shall have a look once wire brushed it.

chipbury

Quote from: Seanlandy on Mar 30, 2024, 11:49 AMDoes the 4 or 7 tell us some vital information or just another piece in the overall jigsaw.  I shall have a look once wire brushed it.

I reckon it's a 4 looking at an enlarged picture.

Seanlandy

That would have been my guess doing the same. So is that complete to be able to some homework?

chipbury

Looking at the Royal Logistic Corp website it seems it is easier to get a B card using the army registration (using only the chassis number might not produce a result).  Hopefully when you get the truck it'll have the original dataplate on the dash (in front of your right knee when driving a RHD).

Seanlandy

O7BE16

As I mentioned in an earlier post assuming it is 23601134A I would suggest it's original army VRN was 43FG05. After comparing a few chassis numbers to army VRN's they seem to run in sequence. (So starting from my vehicle 23601121A which is 42FG92 your vehicle is 13 vehicles later so adding 13 to 42FG92 gives you 43FG05). I think your build date is likely to be very early January 1969.

Seanlandy

That's some great information. Thank you for looking into it for me.

Seanlandy

The vendor has sent me this which dhows the chassis number but not much else at the moment.