Main Menu

Wiper blade position

Started by Bigdog, Mar 26, 2024, 06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diffwhine

Found the Lucas Spec for the 1H9077L 2A headlight switch:

You cannot view this attachment.

With the switch up, terminal numbers 1, 6 and 7 are connected
With the switch in the middle position, terminal numbers 1, 4, 6 and 7 are connected
With the switch in the bottom position, terminal numbers 1, 4, 7 and 8 are connected

The question is how to make that work for a wiper motor. My head hurts, so I'm going to think about it tomorrow...
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Serious Series

Alan's  late 2A wiring diagram shows how to wire that switch to a 1 speed motor.
Should be easy to work out where 2nd speed goes to.
If you make 4 the 1st speed and 8 the 2nd speed that should work
Forget that 4 would still be powered in 3rd position

Alan Drover

Here's the genuine Land Rover 2 speed switch with washer pump switch attached.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Serious Series

diffwhine

That looks like it solves the issue. Well done!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Alan Drover

I've had a look at my Land Rover Optional Parts List and the wash/wiper switch in my photo is for 2A's from suffix G onwards as well as Series 3's.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Bigdog

So do I have the wrong switch as I don't have a anything to connect onto at no2 position

Alan Drover

Is your Land Rover a suffix G onwards? It my be worth looking at the Series 2 Optional Parts Book if it's not.
You can see from the photo that the later switch has 4 terminals.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Bigdog

1970 series 2a 109 ex military chassis no 25117473 G

Serious Series

Quote from: Bigdog on Mar 29, 2024, 05:15 PMI think I have only one wire that corresponds and that is green, here is the switch and my wire colours from the plug in loom, the colours are green, blue,red and green, brown and white and black
Spread the wires out on that plug and take a photo showing what all the colours are looks to me like more than 3
Put 12V on terminal six of the switch you have and using a test lamp find out which terminal are live in off position and then test in 1st position and same again in 2nd position.

Bigdog

That is the wire colours when I was playing about with the switch, red/green, green, blue, brown/white and black

Alan Drover

I suspect that the military spec for the wiper switch etc wouldn't be the same as for the civilian version.
Your wires are completely different from the ones attached to my wiper/washer switch.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Bigdog

That's the wires that came with the plug in loom for the wiper motor

Serious Series

Still need to know the wire colours and the number of them ,the colours they connect to when plugged into the motor would also help.  or the motor pin numbers for each colour.
Then I will draw you a diagram.