News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Import registration numbers

Started by JohnR2, May 09, 2024, 07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnR2

What is people's experience with the number allocated to an import? do Swansea give it an area code to the registration district or just a random one? I thought I'd be cheeky and ask if it's possible to have a Brum number or a Dorset area one - we'll see!

Dopey

Go on their site and buy one, it's not a lot (Unless you want a cherished one)

Peter Holden

To start with dont do as Dopey says it wont work you will just make life difficult

You need to go through the V55/5 scheme for first registration of a used vehicle.  You have no control over the registration mark allocated it will just be the next age related one on the list for the year of your vehicle.

Once that is all sorted and you have it registered in your name and all legal to be on the road you can buy a cherished number if you so wish but get it registere first without complicating things

Peter (with my VRO hat on)

Craig T

My father registered a 1965 tractor that had never been on the road before and when the V5 arrived, he had a 1965 number plate but it said, non transferable on it. I assume that means you can't transfer that number onto another vehicle but nothing to stop you transferring another number, to that vehicle?

Craig.

Peter Holden

That 8s my understanding Craig

Peter

JohnR2

Sounds like sensible advice - the guy dealing with my application sounds reasonable - he called the Landy 'lovely' in his reply to my sending the photos so we'll see whether he has any flexibility in number choice - if not i'll consider buying one as suggested.