News:

Dance Like a Chicken Day   ... 

Main Menu

Exhaust

Started by Bigdog, Oct 23, 2023, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdog

Hi, where is the best place to get a full exhaust system for my 1970 series 2a 109 ex military petrol, thanks

Bloke

I've bought exhausts from Paddock's before. They sell both mild steel and stainless steel exhaust systems. Don't forget your 10% discount for being a S2C member :cheers-man
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)

Wittsend

Paddocks 4x4  :gold-cup

With a 10% club discount.

:RHD

Bigdog

Thanks, where do I find my code again

Wittsend

Page 54 of your current - Autumn B2L magazine.

or in the members section of the website.

NoBeardNoTopKnot

The best S/S systems are made by Double S. Rimmers have them, maybe Paddocks carry them too?

Alan Drover

I bought a Double S from Paddocks many years ago. It's still going strong.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

NoBeardNoTopKnot

When I last looked Craddocks could sell you Ambulance spec m/steel. My Double S must be 8-9 years old. Just checked.  If you can find one, a double-box is nice. I see Double S - unless someone is carrying old stock - now limit their range to the inch-challenged, and single-box.

chadders27DM70

I can vouch for the Double S from Rimmers - also 2" bore so sounds much better that the tiny standard bore! And still going strong after 6 years

Bigdog

Paddocks don't do full exhaust systems for a 109 ex military Land Rover, anywhere else I could try, thanks

Craig T

I can see lots of exhausts for 109"s on Paddocks
What is specific about the military version?

Craig.

Old Hywel

Quote from: Craig T on Oct 24, 2023, 01:10 PMWhat is specific about the military version?

Craig.

Perhaps those extended spring hangers alter the geometry? :confused

diffwhine

It could be an issue round the LH underseat tank, but I bet you could make any one of those fit.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Birdsnest55

I think some 109 military exhaust's went through a hole in the chassis.
Better ground clearance perhaps.
I am sure I have fitted standard ones in the past.

Paul
1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.

Craig T

Interesting, I do recall seeing a pipe through the chassis now you mention it.

My 109" station wagon is a bit different as it has the rear left corner exit tail pipe because of the rear mounted fuel tank. Only one silencer in my system and it's in front of the rear axle sitting at a funny angle pointing upwards at the back.

Craig.