News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Exhaust

Started by Bigdog, Oct 23, 2023, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdsnest55

I have a Steve Parker fitted to my station wagon, 200 TDi with 300 turbo, that has only one box but it at the very back.
I have the original exhaust in my shed, it had been fitted new but never used. I think that has only 1 box.

Paul
1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.

Bigdog

Didn't think there would be much difference but obviously the military one seems to be, is that exhaust for sale Paul

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Leave the big-bore 2 inch stuff alone for obvious reasons. Boy-racer f*rt-can science only. If we want the 4-pots to breathe better, gas-speed should be up, not down. Better extraction, vastly more powerful cars run our size as stock. If large bore worked, 12inch bore would too.

I see SP and others sell a big-bore variant,  shall not blame them. Performance innit.... sell what people buy.

Bigdog

Didn't think finding a full exhaust system for my 1970 series 2a 109 ex military would be impossible

Paul4978

Quote from: Alan Drover on Oct 23, 2023, 10:42 PMI bought a Double S from Paddocks many years ago. It's still going strong.
Me too - fitted earlier this year. Still sounds like a fart in a metal drainpipe, but burning E5 it should soon enough line the rear box with black fur and de-tinny it.

Alan Drover

It'll soot up soon. Mine did.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

RobS

If you what a good rasp try fitting a 4 into 1 manifold and a rear free flow ACR stainless back box, you can wake the dead with that. :tiphat  :))  :))  :))

Alan Drover

Quote from: RobS on Oct 26, 2023, 08:51 AMIf you what a good rasp try fitting a 4 into 1 manifold and a rear free flow ACR stainless back box, you can wake the dead with that. :tiphat  :))  :))  :))
Not really a Land Rover sound though, more like a boy racer.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

RobS

Quote from: Alan Drover on Oct 26, 2023, 09:07 AM
Quote from: RobS on Oct 26, 2023, 08:51 AMIf you what a good rasp try fitting a 4 into 1 manifold and a rear free flow ACR stainless back box, you can wake the dead with that. :tiphat  :))  :))  :))
Not really a Land Rover sound though, more like a boy racer.
It is what it is, ACR promote it so can't really say much more than that, if you have a problem suggest you speak with them.

NoBeardNoTopKnot

The stock single -box is quite restrictive, the quick way to remove that restriction is 1 x straight-thru. With emissions and competitor considerations that'd also be why come the mid 80s, LR specc'd 2 x straight-thru boxes. Quiet and performance. It won't be the 4:1 doing the raspiness with the ACR set-up. That'd be ACR's straight-thru 1 x box. Two would get the noise down.

Modern systems are found twin-box for the same reason.

Mine's 4:1 twin-box, and quiet

Back in the day, the other way was to put 1 x box well forward. Does kill performance, and noise.