Built to Last Autumn 2023 has landed in the Antipodes

Started by Ed Straker, Nov 07, 2023, 04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Straker

fantastic content as always.  I think a holiday to Malta is in order.

And it still arrived in plenty of time for me to get on a plane and take advantage of the discounted tickets to the NEC Classic Motor Show!!

Don't forget to check your issue!!

Alan Drover

I don't know whether I'll get mine. I'm still waiting for my vehicle insurance documents posted 13/10/23.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

Alan Drover - what is it about the post round your neck of the woods? It's not as if you are in some rural backwater. Even I got my copy within a day or so if most people.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Peter Holden

J you can now do your proxy form for the AGM

A reminder to all that if you cant attend use your proxy vote

Peter

Alan Drover

"Ça plane pour moi!"

lambretta

Received ours today here in Perth as well!

Wittsend

What did they do ... float them down under on a raft ???

Alan Drover

I watched what appeared to be an apparition walking up the drive this morning. It wasn't though, it was a real live POSTMAN!!  CLR and 1 MG magazine in the mailbox but no B2L yet.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

By magic, there was post in the mailbox when I looked this afternoon but no B2L, Practical Classics or LRM. It seems the unimportant junk gets through.
2 deliveries in a week is unheard of these days. No postman seen sneaking up the drive today.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

Definition of "optimism."
A daily look in the mailbox to see if B2L (or indeed any post at all) has been delivered.
Nothing so far.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Avalon

Ed Straker

Quote from: Wittsend on Nov 07, 2023, 01:50 PMWhat did they do ... float them down under on a raft ???

Of course not! it was a barge.  Obviously 12 fuel stops with a DC9, London to Wyndham, then by barge to Port Hedland followed by road train to Perth and finally by rail.

How many of you can smell the B2L journey?

The international club membership fee definitely worth the money!

:)

w3526602

Hi,

You don't wish to know this ....

ANTIPODES.

I thought it was ANTIPEDES (but we all know what Thought did. He thought he had, when he hadn't.) Whatever, Anti P*des means opposite footed, coz their feet point in the opposite direction to our feet, coz they are on the opposite side of the world.

Alan Drover

Post today but no B2L. It's amazing that the useless junk mail catalogues always get through but nothing important.
Edit. Every item of post went for recycling after names and address were obliterated with a felt tip pen.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Wittsend

Seems the Royal Mail have at last been fined for not meeting their delivery agreements - despite hiking up the price of stamps  :thud

Which probably means you won't get any outstanding deliveries - they'll just be dumped in some warehouse to be forgotten about, maybe to be discovered in 40 or 50 years time ???