News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Number Plates.

Started by Crumbly65, Jul 22, 2023, 11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crumbly65

I remember on the old forum, some recommendations for the best number plate providers?

Anyone able to assist?

Davidss

Quote from: Crumbly65 on Jul 22, 2023, 11:23 AMI remember on the old forum, some recommendations for the best number plate providers?

Anyone able to assist?

Soon, someone will be along to say you should save useful information yourself, rather than rely on the forum saving it for you (even though, at the time, you didn't realise you would need the information sometime in the future).
The other possibility is that someone will be along to explain how YOU can search the Archive Forum for the missing information (hoping it's there and not lost in the version of the forum from before that).

Regards.

Worf

"If tha knows nowt, say nowt an appen nob'dy 'll notice."

TimV

Quote from: Davidss on Jul 22, 2023, 11:50 AM
Quote from: Crumbly65 on Jul 22, 2023, 11:23 AMI remember on the old forum, some recommendations for the best number plate providers?

Anyone able to assist?

Soon, someone will be along to say you should save useful information yourself, rather than rely on the forum saving it for you (even though, at the time, you didn't realise you would need the information sometime in the future).
The other possibility is that someone will be along to explain how YOU can search the Archive Forum for the missing information (hoping it's there and not lost in the version of the forum from before that).

Regards.
I saved a load of links from the previous old forum - they are now lost.
http://www.series2club.co.uk/forum/forum/

Wittsend

The forum/forum original archives pre 2019 are still with us.
There is a MySQL fault which has defeated the experts so far - but you never know, one day we might get back access to that old forum.

Crumbly65

Anyone able to assist?

Regards.

I wasn't being lazy, I was just hoping a forumeer had bought some recently and could recommend somewhere, or remembered from whence they bought some recently......

Theshed

Anyone able to assist?

Regards.

If I saved every bit of information that I thought I may need then I would need a Cloud bigger than Wittsend's Cumulus Nimbus !
I do not rely on others I just hope someone is more knowledgeable than I. Or at least point me  :cheers

Rudiee

I brought some raised riveted ones from classicplatesonline.co.uk not long ago. From ordering to being delivered was less than a week, they look the part too.

Alan Drover

I got my black and silver plates from a local motor factor. No problems with them. The DVLA computer ok'd them for a 1975 historic taxed Land Rover.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Crumbly65

Thanks for the positive responses guys!   :cheers

I've been on the S2 Club forum for 14 years, and there's always a positive response from some Forumeers. 

I know in the past there have been some very good suppliers of number plates, but given Covid and the economic situation, some of them may have folded.

Hence my query.

Wittsend

To make the search a little easier...
Try:-

Chestnut Registrations

or Framptons Number Plates

Leading suppliers of classic car number plates.
(I've used both in the past and been happy with the results.)

or Tippers Plates

Or, look in the back of any Classic Car magazine for plate advertisers.

One problem is that the original plate presses in the dealers have been scrapped gradually as the perspex plates came in. The modern pressed plates aren't quite as they were back in the day.

The stupid plate regulations mean you need to send the suppliers copies of your V5C, a sample of your DNA and left leg. Meanwhile the bad guys can just get whatever plate they like, no problem  :shakinghead

:RHD

AlexB

don't forget that you can also hand paint or use sticky white numbers on a black background, if you want to keep the "lived a life" look !

Alan Drover

I was very reluctant to order number plates by post for the reasons cited by Wittsend do that's why I used a local motor factor. I just took the V5C then their computer contacted the DVLA computer and all was confirmed ok.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Kaney

I ordered from Framptons last week very easy just a matter of choosing the type you want I chose 2 square ones identical add or not add a border round the plate just remember that some are 6 digits some are 7 unless a private plate then if needed order the screws or bolts if you need them there are significant price differences in the plates be aware

Worf

I have used these people in the past. https://www.fancyplates.com/index.asp

As they are based in Ireland (Eire) there is no faff with providing V5 ID etc, and still fully UK Legal. (NOT the showplates) https://www.fancyplates.com/main/constructors/information/standard.aspx

Limited range for "our" vehicles,  (they do do square) but I am not talking concours.
"If tha knows nowt, say nowt an appen nob'dy 'll notice."