News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Bangers & Cash

Started by Beowulf, Aug 17, 2023, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beowulf

If you like some Bangers with your Cash, a new season starts tonight @ 8pm, so that's in about one minute then  :cheers
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

Exile

Did they actually feature some classic Land Rovers for a change?

Or will they?

Wittsend

Very unlikely, nor Rover cars  :'(

John

Quote from: Wittsend on Aug 18, 2023, 11:59 AMVery unlikely, nor Rover cars  :'(
any good reasons for this :confused
Used to be "oilstain" on old forum

Beowulf

Quote from: Exile on Aug 18, 2023, 11:50 AMDid they actually feature some classic Land Rovers for a change?

Or will they?

There was a 1957 Series One in the background, and one chap did say he had 3 Land Rovers on his drive, does that count  ;)
Fred

Beowulf

Quote from: John on Aug 18, 2023, 02:52 PM
Quote from: Wittsend on Aug 18, 2023, 11:59 AMVery unlikely, nor Rover cars  :'(
any good reasons for this :confused

I think the reason for Alan`s comment is that Derek Mathewson has often said he doesn`t like these old LRs, and making very uncomplimentary remarks about them. He`s just not "one of our crowd".
Fred

Wittsend

Quite so ... you only have to watch a few episodes to catch Derek's dislike of our favourites  :shakinghead

One must have rode over his foot when he was younger  ???

Which is very odd as they have a Landy in the title graphics  :confused

... and they feature all sorts of agricultural exotic - tractors and cultivators of all makes. Land Rovers being an obvious absentee.

???

diffwhine

Actually I think it's more a love hate relationship. He sold a Series 1 for me some years ago. Good price and there were no issues.
His beef is the amount of work required to keep them up to scratch.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Kaney

Should soon be showing the Series 1 soon that they have had in for resto as the film crew bought it for the restoration for this seasons episodes

Beowulf

Quote from: Kaney on Aug 18, 2023, 08:49 PMShould soon be showing the Series 1 soon that they have had in for resto as the film crew bought it for the restoration for this seasons episodes

This restoration has featured in a couple of issues of CLR earlier this year (although I don`t remember seeing the final one) where, having bought it for £8,500, they have apparently spent a small fortune on getting it up to better than new. It`ll probably be yet another of their non-profit making restorations. But I don`t think making money has ever been their intention, just a bit of fun for tv.
Fred

Exile

Quote from: diffwhine on Aug 18, 2023, 07:35 PMHis beef is the amount of work required to keep them up to scratch.

Can that really be the reason?

It isn't as though a lot of the other stuff he sells doesn't need a lot of work to keep them up to scratch.

And they only come out of the garage on Summer weekends, to go to the local pub.

I heard him say the other night that he doesn't like anything "square", he prefers flowing lines.

It is sad that the producers of B&C cater to his prejudices......

jonhutchings

Each to their own I reckon. I hate VW beetles (and the camper vans) with a passion. No rational reason why, I just do.

Wittsend

Charles, you are so right - a Land Rover is no harder to maintain than any of the other classic cars they sell  :thud

Until you come to the brakes  :cool

GHOBHW

I'd say land rover series are some of the easiest vehicles on earth to maintain honestly....

you crawl under it, everything has its own drain plug, everything but the engine uses 1 type of oil.

can't get easier than that, you don't even have to jack it up to do all this work too :RHD

diffwhine

As its his business and his telly deal, he's in the nice position of being able to pick and choose. If he doesn't like Land Rovers, that's his call and good on him I say.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon