News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

John Craddock

Started by Alan Drover, Dec 08, 2023, 10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Drover

I had an email from them today stating they are moving premises, to about half a mile from where they are now. They will be closed weekend 9/10 December and only  online orders will still be accepted. Back to usual Monday 11th.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Smokey 11a

Quote from: Alan Drover on Dec 08, 2023, 10:30 PMI had an email from them today stating they are moving premises, to about half a mile from where they are now. They will be closed weekend 9/10 December and only  online orders will still be accepted. Back to usual Monday 11th.

Having been involved in moving Motor trade premises (parts), I'd not hold my breath about such a short move, esp by this firm. I would not expect them to be up and running correctly till the new year. 

When I saw the topic title, I had expected to read retirement or worse as the man himself like all of us is advancing in years.

Does he have family that have taken it on, or is he still very much captain of the ship.

Not been for a good long while, vehicle sales was on a strip between two streets with salvage and storage yard adjacent good sized shop.  Parking was a nightmare.

Jimbo

I don't think he has been captain of the ship for a long while.
It used to be a well run reputable company when he was in charge.
Unfortunately I will never use them again.

Alan Drover

I agree with Jimbo. They were a good company to deal with.  I bought a complete Series 3 gearbox/transfer box assembly from them which had been rebuilt by the military and later a set of take off Wolf wheels and tyres.
My latest purchase about 3 years ago should have been an accelerator pedal rod and bearing but nothing happened when I tried to order them so I went elsewhere.
I won't use them again. I wonder if some faceless conglomerate has taken them over.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

Still a private company with John listed as a director.

During lockdown, they failed dismally to cater for the increased demand and suffered big reputational problems. I raised this with them, as I know did many others. They must have listened as my experience over the past year or so has been very good. They still have some unique parts nobody else carries.

When I first started this game, they were just about the only show in town and served us well.

I say give them a chance - in my experience, recently, they've been very good.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Peter Holden

I ordered some parts a couple of weeks ago and they sent the correct ones, they arrived in under a week.  I was hesitant to use them but they were nos and no one else had them.

I will use them again

Peter

Alan Drover

Maybe worth another try then especially for "unobtainium."
"Ça plane pour moi!"