News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Good old British Engineering

Started by Alan Drover, Jul 28, 2023, 02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Exile on Aug 01, 2023, 05:01 PM
Quote from: 2286 on Aug 01, 2023, 12:50 PM
Quote from: Exile on Jul 30, 2023, 06:13 PMFirst pic is of the foot pump that came as standard with early Range Rover Classics.

Second pic shows that Land Rover had "upgraded" to a puny hand pump by the time of the first One Tens in 1983.
(And yes, it is even shown in the Parts Manual!)

In the one kit, does the wallet feature the leyland logo, as it looks like the one that came with t45 truck range, they were slightly larger and very dark blue.

Does the handle shown top right simply crank the jack.

The clear plastic wallet came with a pre-production One Ten. I believe the production wallets were green.

I can't see a handle "top right".....

Ok pic when zoomed up rotates, the part I am wondering the function/s of it between the jack foot wit the pump hadle resting upon it and the wheel chock.

Re the wallet I was talking about the tool roll colours being dark blue and having the Leyland moniker or emblem.

Twomokes

Quote from: Exile on Aug 01, 2023, 05:01 PM
Quote from: 2286 on Aug 01, 2023, 12:50 PM
Quote from: Exile on Jul 30, 2023, 06:13 PMFirst pic is of the foot pump that came as standard with early Range Rover Classics.

Second pic shows that Land Rover had "upgraded" to a puny hand pump by the time of the first One Tens in 1983.
(And yes, it is even shown in the Parts Manual!)

In the one kit, does the wallet feature the leyland logo, as it looks like the one that came with t45 truck range, they were slightly larger and very dark blue.

Does the handle shown top right simply crank the jack.

The clear plastic wallet came with a pre-production One Ten. I believe the production wallets were green.

I can't see a handle "top right".....

My old 1983 production One Ten have the same clear wallet, I think I still have it somewhere...
The old days are the old days only because there're gone and won't be back.

On the subject of early 110

Wheel arch eyebrows were all models colour coded to the bodywork and what year did unfinished black arch come in and body coloured move to county only.

Out of interest is yours a 2.25diesel can you post or pm me a pic of the engine bay.

I have been offered an engine that someone says came from an early 110 and it has some bits on top hose elbow for example that may confirm.  Unless they have a specific engine serial.

I guess they would be a 10j.