News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Another Mystery Parcel

Started by Alan Drover, Jul 28, 2023, 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Drover

I posted on the old forum that I received a parcel addressed to Randy L. Collings at my address. It turned out to be a telescopic feather duster.
Today I saw someone coming up the drive and there was a white van parked. I dashed out, retrieved the parcel addressed to Randy L. Collings and dashed after the courier who was delivering just a few doors away. I handed the parcel back to him explaining that no one of that name was at my address.
This time I got the registration number of his white Nissan van,
I'll report it to Action Fraud again.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Beowulf

I think they`re paid on the number of parcels they deliver so I don`t expect the driver to take it back to the depot, the digital whatsit will record the delivery and he/she will go home a happy man/woman person.
Alan, have you considered moving house  ???
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

Alan Drover

He did take a photo of the address label with his phone while I watched.
I suspect the contents were a refill for the feather duster I received previously. It was only a small package but the same type of packaging.
I'm not moving after having a new electric garage door recently fitted.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

Another one today. This is definitely from Amazon as their smiling arrow logo is on the packet. Unfortunately Mrs. D couldn't catch the courier.
This is obviously a blatant Amazon con. I opened the packet and it was wireless earbuds about as useful to me as a chocolate fireguard. Anyone want them, free to collect otherwise they'll go in the bin.
I'll contact the toothless action Fraud and the local rag.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

I could do with a set of wireless earbuds :thud , so if they are going spare, I'll stop by...  :cheers-man
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Alan Drover

They're yours
I contacted Amazon Customer Services and by baffling their AI voice I was put through to a real human. I suggested that if they wanted to send me stuff could it be something valuable which I could sell and the proceeds could go towards Land Rover/MG spares
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

Thank you!
Maybe coming past on Tuesday. I'll let you know!

Alan Drover

I'll not be in between about midday and 1.30pm.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Ian F

Alan - just make sure that they are not charging any of your cards or PayPal etc.

Ian F

Alan Drover

I've checked thanks Ian. Nothing and I never have had or will have any dealings whatsoever with Amazon and I don't have PayPal just a simple credit card.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Dopey

Quote from: diffwhine on Jul 29, 2023, 07:38 PMThank you!

Seriously watch it, they are rubbish chinesium stuff, plug it in, and they overheat and catch fire, bin them It's just not worth it

Betsy1969

If they aren't charging you how is it a scam ? I would just ignore them and if they deliver anything useful then you're onto a winner

Alan Drover

True, Betsy, but I wish they'd send me something useful or something expensive that I could sell.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

Quote from: Dopey on Jul 30, 2023, 01:10 AM
Quote from: diffwhine on Jul 29, 2023, 07:38 PMThank you!

Seriously watch it, they are rubbish chinesium stuff, plug it in, and they overheat and catch fire, bin them It's just not worth it

Quite possibly! If they are rubbish ones, then into the out tray they go!

Alan Drover

This is what they are. They're Soundcore P20i  waterproof true wireless earbuds complete with USB C cable and charging case. Naturally they're made in China. "Incredible sound loved by 20 million plus people" (so it says on the box..).
Sorry, came out sideways this time.
"Ça plane pour moi!"