News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Another Mystery Parcel

Started by Alan Drover, Jul 28, 2023, 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diffwhine

Seeing as my last set were a pair of very nice Bose ones which failed spectacularly in their charging box a month or so ago, they can't be any worse surely!

I'll give you a bell on Tuesday so you know if and when I'm in the area.

One has to wonder when the world will wake up to the damage cause by Lithium batteries. Saw another Tesla in flames last week. Starting to get a bit boring watching them burn now.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Wittsend

... all adds to global warming ... not as green as people thought  :thud

Crash and burn

Alan Drover

Quote from: diffwhine on Jul 30, 2023, 11:27 AMOne has to wonder when the world will wake up to the damage cause by Lithium batteries. Saw another Tesla in flames last week. Starting to get a bit boring watching them burn now.
Best way to get rid of them.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Worf

Quote from: diffwhine on Jul 30, 2023, 11:27 AMOne has to wonder when the world will wake up to the damage cause by Lithium batteries. Saw another Tesla in flames last week. Starting to get a bit boring watching them burn now.

3000 cars lost (caused by one of 25 electric cars) https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jul/26/cargo-ship-fire-off-dutch-coast  :shakinghead

Already banned from being shipped on some Scandinavian ferries.
"If tha knows nowt, say nowt an appen nob'dy 'll notice."

Old Hywel

LPG cars are banned from the Chunnel, yet EVs are ok. :confused

Ian F

Quote from: Alan Drover on Jul 29, 2023, 07:59 PMI'll not be in between about midday and 1.30pm.

Listening to Plastic Bertrand I guess?  Didn't know you were a fan of theirs?? :shakinghead  :cool  :cool

Alan Drover

Yes, Ian.I remember Plastic Bertrand very well from my "younger days." He's been recently featured in an ad for breakfast cereal which triggered my memory.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

Quote from: Old Hywel on Jul 30, 2023, 02:22 PMLPG cars are banned from the Chunnel, yet EVs are ok. :confused
Ridiculous. I won't allow EV junk on my drive and if one parked next to me in a car park I'd move as far away as possible.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

Sorry to drag this up but on returning home from the pub this afternoon there was another Amazon parcel thrown over the gate. I've given up with the toothless Action Fraud and CAB. This latest package contained scouring sponges which will be useful  in conjunction with brake cleaning fluid for cleaning off my MGB engine block before fitting the cylinder head.
Any other parcels arrive I'll keep or sell, no point in wasting any more time complaining .
I reckon the couriers know it's an Amazon scam and if I catch one I'll tell him that Randy L.  Collings is deceased.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Serious Series

I hope the Lithium battery does not ignite in my recently fitted pacemaker haven't even got through my month of not being allowed to drive yet.
I suppose that will be another form of Heartburn. :confused

diffwhine

Quote from: Alan Drover on Sep 02, 2023, 03:02 PMSorry to drag this up but on returning home from the pub this afternoon there was another Amazon parcel thrown over the gate. I've given up with the toothless Action Fraud and CAB. This latest package contained scouring sponges which will be useful  in conjunction with brake cleaning fluid for cleaning off my MGB engine block before fitting the cylinder head.
Any other parcels arrive I'll keep or sell, no point in wasting any more time complaining .
I reckon the couriers know it's an Amazon scam and if I catch one I'll tell him that Randy L.  Collings is deceased.

Does seem a bit odd if it's actually addressed to you with another person's name. I could understand it being a scam if you were getting done reasonably high value items delivered, but so far it's very low value. Makes me wonder if it's just a genuine Amazon system fault.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Ian F

I live at number 73 in my street, and number 13 and me used to get each others post until the postie knew our names.
I also lived at Heatherdene Burtersett Hawes for a while and used to get the mail for Heatherdene, Burtersett Road, Hawes from time to time.

Might be worth carefully checking the address on the parcels?

Alan Drover

I have contacted Amazon Customer "Service" twice about this.
If I can catch the courier with a delivery I'll tell him that Randy L. Collings was murdered in a brawl in London 5 years ago. Should be interesting.
The address is definitely correct.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Betsy1969

Bit of a long shot and I'm sure you've explored this but is there anyone else living at your address with a wicked sense of humour ?

Alan Drover

Definitely not. Mrs. D isn't that type.
I think the couriers have been instructed to deliver and run. There's no paperwork but the package bears that inane smiling Amazon arrow.
"Ça plane pour moi!"