S2 steering wheel centre - anyone recognise it?

Started by RATA1, Aug 29, 2023, 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RATA1

Evening.
Been meaning to ask for a while. Does anyone know what this horn press is from? Is it from another vehicle of that era or is it custom thing?
It is on my S2.

I also notice that my bonnet has a hole and a rectangular shape/indent where maybe a prancing horse or similar bonnet adornment may have been.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
S2 88
D4 XXV

GlenAnderson

Twomokes

Quote from: GlenAnderson on Aug 29, 2023, 08:13 PMIs that a Jensen Healey horn button?

I have the same thought,  a quick Google search suggests it isn't one of them, that was either a J with a barcthrough as used in the Interceptor or the namexsplit above and below a capital H
The old days are the old days only because there're gone and won't be back.

RATA1

I didn't even know Jensen Healey was a car :)

My dad had an Austin Sprite MK3 or 4 when I was younger. 40+ years ago. I remember fixing the fuel pump on it with no regard to sparks near the fuel tank/lines! He then sold it after I got it working. Charming.

S2 88
D4 XXV

Alan Drover

Jensen Healey came about after the Austin/Healey partnership ceased. The Jensen Healey had a 2 litre Lotus engine.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Exile

That big blank piece of tin in the centre of the steering wheel is just crying out for something more interesting to be put there.

Back in about 1972, I couldn't resist nicking this off the redundant hubcap of my Dad's Jaguar and fixing it to the steering wheel centre.

It is still there today, and for decades I have been claiming to be the originator of "Jaguar-Land Rover"....

Anyone else done the same?

James Ham

As I bear the initials JH, I think I need one of those steering wheel hubs.
James Ham.

Alan Drover

A while ago I found the centre cap from what I think was a Freelander road wheel. I gently prised the Land Rover badge from it and glued it to the centre of my Series 3 steering wheel.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"