Things you find in places where they shouldn't be...

Started by diffwhine, Mar 30, 2024, 04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddjob

I find my spare fluids and grease behind my number plate. Does that count?!

Larry S

Quote from: Oddjob on Mar 31, 2024, 10:50 PMI find my spare fluids and grease behind my number plate. Does that count?!

No that's an interesting mod!!!

:cheers

Larry
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Oddjob

How about when I found my mug on my wing...!

370abc

Well preserved mouse in the air cleaner of my stored 80". Conical pre cleaner missing.

22900013A

When stripping down the dash of my ex electricity board series 3 I found an original biro engraved with "southern electricity" down the side, plus various nails and cleats that would have been used on the poles.
Someone stripping down a similar vehicle found a letter to a customer advising them of an interruption to their power, dated in the 1970s!

diffwhine

Quote from: Oddjob on Apr 01, 2024, 08:33 AMHow about when I found my mug on my wing...!

What's happened to the teapot?
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Oddjob

Scotty

Hi, not a Land Rover but I traded in my 1969 Morris Oxford for a Mini Moke back in the early 90's and when going over it I found a tobacco tin stashed up in under the steering column with a rather smelly contents, I phoned the seller and he arrived promptly to collect it  :shakinghead , my favourite find that was left in a car was a Bakelite hand held torch that worked by squeezing a trigger, that was found in an Austin A30  :cheers Paul

TimV

While stripping a S3 dash, I found a large ceramic fuse holder fallen into the gap, along with several pens.

Beowulf

Many years ago (I often find myself saying that because there are just so many of them) while driving home after collecting the car from the garage, there was a strange sound from the engine bay when I turned left & right, like a regular clicking/ticking sound. Arriving home a quick search found the culprit, the garage had left a screwdriver on a flat surface within the engine bay, and when turning left and right, it would roll one way and then the other. 
And then there was the time a Duckhams one gallon oil can caused my Rover P6 to fail its Mot. A previous owner had used the can to patch up the underside of the car and although they`d done their best to hide it with black paint, Mr MoT inspector found it.
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

Herald1360

I finally traced an odd rattle on tickover on my first Land Rover ('63 2A 109 diesel) to a tow hitch drop plate between the underseat battery box side panel and its hefty 6V Dagenite.

Most impressive find was a lump hammer in the NSF wing of a Chevette (which I bought with some minor accident damage to said wing).

diffwhine

I have a 15/16 ring spanner which I used to use mainly doing suspension bush jobs on Range Rover Classics. I did one and realised that it had disappeared after finishing the job. Nearly 12 months later, the same vehicle came back to us for a service and an MOT. I bunged it up on the lift and started to do a pre-MOT check. There, still attached to the rear lower trailing arm nut on the back axle, was my spanner... How it stayed on a live Range Rover axle for a year defeats me, but it was well and truly rusted it on. I had to beat it off with a hammer!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

22900013A

Quote from: TimV on Apr 01, 2024, 01:44 PMWhile stripping a S3 dash, I found a large ceramic fuse holder fallen into the gap, along with several pens.

Ex electricity board?

Theshed

I did a job on a FL2 and left my magnetic torch up under there following the build up.
Traced car following morning, peeled back the liner, and there it was !

Alan Drover

I lost a plug spanner years ago. I found it very much later attached to the wing mirror under wing fixing nut on my Minivan. I presume the rubber insert stopped it falling off.

Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"