News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Door Cards

Started by S2A V8, Mar 31, 2024, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S2A V8

Just getting round to rebuilding my front doors, and have been looking at the various plastic door cards available on the net and come across the Mud Stuff door cards, as anyone fitted these or other make door cards.

Twomokes

I used Iron Goat which are similar, you need to cut and modify the front for the door check rods and unless you have anti-burst locks the handle area for the handle and the lock pawl.

That said I found then a great improvement to the biscuit barrel feel before.
The old days are the old days only because there're gone and won't be back.

S2A V8

Hi Twomokes I will have a look for the Iron Goat ones, both doors have the anti-burst door locks but have the later door check arrangement which I bought the adapters to use the 2A rods.

ChrisJC

I got mine from Exmoor Trim in elephant hide.

I stuck sound deadening to the door skin, which is hidden by the door card.

Chris.

Calum

MUD stuff is great quality, and they are great to deal with too.

S2A V8

Quote from: ChrisJC on Apr 01, 2024, 07:02 PMI got mine from Exmoor Trim in elephant hide.

I stuck sound deadening to the door skin, which is hidden by the door card.

I did have a look at the Exmoor trim ones but prefer the card without the arm rest.

[/quote]
Quote from: Calum on Apr 01, 2024, 09:54 PMMUD stuff is great quality, and they are great to deal with too.

That is good to know.

A bit of a setback today the second coat of paint caused the first coat to crinkle up so it looks like sanding it back tomorrow and starting again.