News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Vote now for March's PoM competition

Started by Wittsend, Apr 01, 2024, 04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

A backer's dozen to choose from this month ...

You can have up to 3 votes. 

1) Nearly tea-time

2) Fording

3) On the trail

4) Stone bridge

5) Spring is coming

6) The Moorcock Viaduct

7) Nearly there

8) Keep it mooo-ving

9) Nearly finished

10) Toy Story

11) Out with the old. in with the new

12) At the round tower

13) Open door

Results in a few days time            :Pugwash

island dormy

Good thing you can vote for yourself.....otherwise I would have no votes. :'(

Victor
1962 Dormobile in the family since 1964
1969 NADA Dormobile 2.6L #800 out of 811 NADAS built

Exile

This ^ has made me think that it is a little unfair to show the voting statistics on the thread.

Who wants to submit a photo, and then everyone knows it gets no votes?  :shakinghead

May I suggest that in future, the votes are known only to Wittsend?

After all, we only need to know the winner.....

island dormy

Hi

I actually dont really mind seeing how many votes I dont get. It just makes me try harder next time.  :cheers-man

Victor

Beowulf

I have a different view, seeing how the voting is going is all part of the competition, and watching the running order change, including votes cast, only adds to it. No one should feel embarrassed about their own if it doesn't get the most votes, as far as I`m concerned I`m glad to see them all.
I would go further and suggest the result be shown in full. Alternatively, if showing the photo in last place was thought too insensitive, then at least publish the first three including votes cast.
Lets look at this positively rather than the negative of not winning, this way the sender of the winning entry, and those who also do well, could see if it had been a close-run thing or a landslide.
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

Wittsend

The PoM competition has been running for as long as the forum has, that's 20+ years.
Originally I selected and chose the winning PoM.

Then we thought maybe there should be some democracy involved.

Interestingly, I think I'm a good judge of a picture (if I say so myself) and usually the winning pictures are what I would have chosen.

The forum software won't allow the votes to remain "hidden" so Exile's suggestion can't happen.
There are some options in setting up the poll.

I have it set that guests can't vote. You can't see how the voting is going until you have voted.

:teacher
Remember - it's just for fun. There is no prize, just the kudos of winning.
Winning PoMs are used to illustrate and enhance the website and sometimes the paper in B2L.

Keep snapping as we rely on you taking and posting up Series 2 pics taken in the current month.

:foto

island dormy

Any old series Land rover picture is a good picture..........well maybe not a picture of one going to the crusher. :'(

Keep them coming. This is a fun contest each month.

Victor

Exile

Well, if that's the consensus, I'm happy with that.

Not sure I'll put up one of the pics of my LR in Sainsbury's car park though.....  ;)