News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

VERY OT ... 602's new electric Hyundai.

Started by w3526602, Jan 26, 2024, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenAnderson

Quote from: Alan Drover on Jan 30, 2024, 09:16 PMI was told that you have to turn the towing vehicle wheels in the same direction you want the trailer to go and it's best to start with the towing vehicle, trailer and wheels in a straight line, unlike a 2:or close coupled 4:wheeler where you turn the towing vehicle in the opposite direction.  It's a knack which I've not tried.

I drove this wagon and drag for a while. I found that I had to envisage using the prime mover to turn the front axle of the drag, to put that where I wanted it to go, and once the trailer was going the right way, the wagon would follow. It took me a few months to master it.

You cannot view this attachment.

Beowulf

Quote from: Phil2014 on Jan 26, 2024, 11:26 AM.....the handbrake which then automatically releases as you drive off. As said , the handbrake should apply itself when in park or switching the ignition off. I hated them when I first drove with an electronic handbrake about 20 years ago, love them now though.
My 18 year old Jaguar has an electronic handbrake, it could not be easier to use, and as Phil has said, its released when you drive away. Brilliant!
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

w3526602

Hi,

Thanks everybody.

I love the car, including little quirks ... like the mirrors folding in as I walk away from it. and its screams of panic as I go to PASS my gate post when reversing off my drive. Note PASS, as the car is not actually going to hit the post.

I'm impressed by how it "knows" the instant that I enter a different speed limit, but have not yet worked out what triggers a forced reduction in speed," or why its logic is not consistent. What logic system can identify "the elephant in the room"?

No doubt I will get there.

Birdsnest55

John it knows the speed limit as it has a (some) cameras that read the road signs.

Paul
1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.

linesrg

Good afternoon all,

After 6yrs of owning a Renault Zoe we're about to take ownership of a Megane EV - don't see hot all the fuss about EV's is?

Regards

Richard

Wittsend

Not everyone is able to pick up and take onboard new technology - sometimes it seems like you need a degree in computing to work out what new cars' features are.

You car uses GPS to know where it is. It will have a mapping database and so, along with onboard cameras will know what the speed limit on any part of a road is.
When you change from one zone to the next the response is very quick - just a few yards. The car knows exactly where it is.

If my car detects if it's been in an accident or has broken down it alerts the authorities  :gold-cup
Which is OK if you can get a mobile phone signal at your location  :confused

:RHD

Theshed

I work with 'new' technology.
I dislike electronic handbrakes, keyless ignition and anything else that takes away my driving experience.
I like driving and want to do most of it myself. Thank You very much !