News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Gauges

Started by Bigdog, Aug 21, 2023, 08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdog

Just me again, are these the correct gauges for my series 2a 109 ex military diesel, but it's going back to petrol

Bigdog

Sorry forgot to post pic

diffwhine

What year is your vehicle?
Looks right to me for a late 2A 2.25 military dash. Hazards are later fit. The button centre bottom would be a traditional starter button (low current) to activate the starter relay. The correct ones are still available although not cheap.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Bigdog

Year 1970, anyone got a picture of the correct gauges, as I said it started off as a petrol, then went to diesel and now I am going back to petrol in case that has anything to do with them being correct or not, thanks

Wittsend

The gauges are correct for an MoD vehicle. The oil temp segment was for those vehicles fitted with an oil cooler - to allow stationary running to charge the radio batteries if it was kitted out for FFR (Fitted for Radio).

Bigdog

What are these one from, would they be suitable as might be in better condition than mine

Twomokes

Quote from: Bigdog on Aug 21, 2023, 09:26 PMWhat are these one from, would they be suitable as might be in better condition than mine

Series 3 LWB  six cylinder, I would keep the ones in your dash which are correct for your vehicle.
The old days are the old days only because there're gone and won't be back.

Noddy

Take care with the oil temp guage if it is complete and working the capillary tube is often mistaken for a wire and cut. The pocket the bulb fits into is often difficult to source needed if you are fitting an oil cooler.

Alec

Kaney

These are my Military 1964 2A if it helps I am unsure about the button to the right of the speedo I think it is meant to be the dash light switch the middle top is the starter button I have a separate amp and new oil gauge on the left under the amp one now and I am going to fit a water temp gauge in with the fuel gauge like the one on your picture