News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Smiths flat heater location

Started by Bigdog, Aug 25, 2023, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdog

Is this the correct location for a smiths flat heater, thinking of putting one in my 1970 series 2a 109 ex military as I believe it's the correct heater for that series, picture for attention, thanks

109+1

Birdsnest55

Yes, there should be some holes in the bulkhead where the pipes go through.

Paul
1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.

cswagon

Sorry for the hi-jack but what are the correct fixings to hold it there please? There is a large gap at the bottom because of the shape of the bulkhead. Thank you. Graham.
1971 Ser 11A 109 SW (flat packed) (now being driven daily)                                                         

1972 Ser 111 109 van (daily driver)...SOLD

Saga lout.

109+1

If you look at the one I have for sale you can see the brackets that are fixed/welded to the heater.

Davidss

These heaters recirculate the air already in the cabin.
This air is drawn from behind the heater (the space between the fan blades and the bulkhead) so a space all round the box is needed so cabin air can flow towards the fan blades.

Regards.

UXC1967

This is mine, top bracket bolt to heater then to bulkhead, bottom bracket are welded to heater, and there are 4 rivnuts in dash.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

cswagon

That is extremely helpful. Thank you very much. Graham.
1971 Ser 11A 109 SW (flat packed) (now being driven daily)                                                         

1972 Ser 111 109 van (daily driver)...SOLD

Saga lout.

Leon