News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Any thoughts what she's worth, 1960 SWB?

Started by matada34, Jul 10, 2023, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matada34

Crumbly65

RATA1

Quote from: 2286 on Jul 14, 2023, 02:29 PMFirst thing I noticed was what appears to be an age related non transferable registration.

How can you tell that please?
S2 88
D4 XXV

Quote from: RATA1 on Aug 24, 2023, 09:01 PM
Quote from: 2286 on Jul 14, 2023, 02:29 PMFirst thing I noticed was what appears to be an age related non transferable registration.

How can you tell that please?

Registrations consist of random numbers and letters and some letters specific to an area of first registration for that vehicle.

When a plate is removed the dvla issue/allocate a replacement.

These tend to be from an area that has a low volume of registrations hence has a surplus of registrations specific to the year of the vehicle.

A resource worth a look is https://www.car.co.uk/media/guides/number-plates/uk-number-plate-area-codes

Some lists are incomplete and differ in content, I have a paper copy torn from an early AA book that belonged to my grandad.

'AS' features on a lot of reregistered vehicles that relates to inverness.

Some age related plates are non transferable, presumably to prevent or act as a disincentive to repeatedly asset strip the vehicle if it has a 3 letter 3 number dateless plate for example.

Region letters also help to validate if a dealer plate is present.

RATA1

OK. I thought there was some online tool you put the reg in and it said whether it was the original or not.
Thanks.

S2 88
D4 XXV

Old Hywel

Sites like Cazana may well show an individual vehicle's registration history, but it'll cost you.