News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Hidden Bluetooth Stereo

Started by MATHA, Aug 09, 2023, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATHA

Hi. Wondering if anyone has experience of hidden bluetooth stereo system like the onein the photo in a 2A? Want to get some music installed but don't want to fit a modern headunit. Yes I know it will have to compete with the noise of the vehicle whilst driving but I use her regularly anf I'd rather have something than nothing.

whitehillbilly64

I use a JBL flip 4. Blue tooth to music on my phone.
The flip 4 is a waterproof mini speaker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuyTDrZsrEA

whitehillbilly`

MATHA

Had thought about a portable Bluetooth speaker. I possibly incorrectly assumed that it wouldn't have enough poke in it to be useavle when driving though. May try that as a starting point.

GlenAnderson

GlenAnderson

I have a good quality Marshall Bluetooth speaker, but it doesn't have enough beans to hear above town speeds really.

Richard

'64 S2a

GlenAnderson

Looks interesting. Would be curious to see how one performs myself. Let us know how you get on with it if you take the plunge.

I pretty much stream all my music these days, or have playlists downloaded, and have long since tired of broadcast radio with its constant adverts, repetitive playlists and inane chatter. All I really want is a reliable system that allows me to access the music player on my phone, and play it loud enough and at sufficient clarity to hear in the vehicle.

Larry S

I have an Altec Lansing bluetooth speaker.  It does rather well.  I could add a 2nd one rather easily. The one in the picture is on the passenger side and I can easily hear it.

'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Peter Holden

I need something that I can hear over the noise of my diesel engine.

Peter

dartymoor

I use a pair of Sony bluetooth earbuds to listen to audiobooks. Plenty loud enough, noise cancelling (it helps a little bit) and last for ages on a single charge.

whitehillbilly64

Have a mates 55 86 inch here for a while.
Fits nicely.

whitehillbilly

Oddjob

A jbl Flip 5 just fits through the gap between top of the dash and the black wiper rack cover on my 2a. It's good at low speed but on a motorway I put my noise cancelling headphones on which work wonders.

:cheers-man

MATHA

Link below for those that asked. There are quite a few different places doing them though. I think I will try the portable Bluetooth speaker idea first but think having some proper car audio speakers in the headliner may make it more usable.

https://www.classiccarstereo.co.uk/

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Agreed, each to his own, the real issue is placement of decent speakers.

The source of the sound, in the parlance, the head-unit (Bluetooth or otherwise) comes the easy bit. And won't give you the quality you want on its ownsome. How can it?

There's no easy space anywhere to put any of this stuff without it looking incongruous, or getting in the way.
However, couldn't afford it these days, and they weren't cheap then, yet in my mind the one and only way to do the job is thus:

Make space for 4 x speakers + head-unit in each corner of your head-liner via a La Salle kit:

https://www.lasalle-trim.co.uk/product-category/headlinings/

I strongly suggest you run speakers up front, each corner in the roof-liner,  and get pods either side of your rear door too, again right out of the way.  Four in total. La Salle make a 4 x speaker headliner too.

If you want proper sound it's the only way I'm aware of, to do it 'right'.

Sound insulation to make it truly quiet is a whole other thread, and sorry, no you won't do that well and cheaply either.

NoBeardNoTopKnot

I'll put pix of mine up later if anyone is keen. Quiet at 65 with lots of other sound work. All in the roof, 4 x speakers one each corner, helps knock-down the driving in a biscuit-tin too - thus....

https://www.lasalle-trim.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Niclk-S.III-TCHL_full.jpg