News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Period correct parts

Started by blacklab101, Aug 16, 2023, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacklab101

Hi all, I have just started my first Land Rover 1965, series 2a 88 petrol restoration ( so sorry for any dumb questions). I want to try and keep it period/year correct as much as I can. Currently I am missing Radiator and Speedo and a few other bits. Re Radiator I belive it should be 3 core, wide top tank, but have seen two styles, one straight across the top, one with angled ends. Which one is period correct and how can I identify correct one? Re Speedo, I assume its one without the indicator lights, but should it have both the two mileage counters or just one. Thanks for any advice.

Birdsnest55

This is a standard 109" speedo, the 88" was very similar.
What size tyres are you fitting as the speedo has to match.
If you change the diff ratio there are other issues.
There was an option for a trip as well.

Paul
1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.

109+1

I have some original radiators  will get some photos also have some original complete dash panels will also get some photos.

diffwhine

Mine is a suffix B 1965 88" Station Wagon (Feb build) You cannot view this attachment.and very original. This is the dash. Needs a new interior light switch hence blanked off with a grommet, but apart from a coat of paint, its how it should be.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

blacklab101

Thank you for responses, all helpful. I'm a long way from deciding on tyres just yet, but will probably keep same as what's on there 205R16's. Can LR speedo's be re-calibrated? Speedo not so important part right now, plenty of time to find one.

More interested in getting a radiator, want to see if we can get the engine running before it comes out.

Guess I should mention, mine is suffix C, November 65.

109+1

Radiator dated 1965 plus dash panels.