News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Wiper blade position

Started by Bigdog, Mar 26, 2024, 06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diffwhine

Back to basics again. I can't see how your switch (which is a headlight / heater switch), can work if you compare with the wiring diagram above. If your motor is a standard late 2A / Series 3 one without the fast wipe option, then the correct switch would be p/n 555778 which supersedes to PRC9510.
https://www.paddockspares.com/prc5610lucas-wiper-switch-2a-and-heated-front-screen-switch.html

The switch you are using (1H9077L) shows as being used for a heater or headlights on late 2A.

I'm going to dig one of those 1H9077L switches out of my collection and have a look at the connections, because I'm not 100% convinced that the wiring layout is quite right. I can see how it could be made to work as a 2 speed wiper switch, but can't see how the diagram we are asking you to follow can match the switch you have, so I'm totally confused also. Let me have a play and see what I find out. I've got to find a switch first!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Bigdog

That's very much appreciated, the switch was advertised as a wiper switch

diffwhine

I know - I checked as well. I pretty sure I have seen them used as wiper switches for 2 speed motors, but if you try and use the diagram, there aren't physically some terminals in the locations on your switch.

island dormy

Hi Big dog

Maybe this might help the single speed wiper switch is to the left of the 2 side headlight switch.
 This is on the 69 Nada.

Victor
1962 Dormobile in the family since 1964
1969 NADA Dormobile 2.6L #800 out of 811 NADAS built

Bigdog

Thanks Dormobile but I am going with the 2 speed wiper motor

Alan Drover

What about using a Series 3 2 speed combined wiper/washer switch?
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

If you have one, lock it up at night - starting to get difficult to find good ones!

It may be the best option, but I'm going to do some thinking round the headlight / heater switch.

island dormy

Hi Big Dog

I realize that, it was just to show a single speed layout.
Those switches with all the terminals are hard to figure out, what I normally do is take a piece of paper and a pen and and ohm meter and star checking the switch terminals when its flipped into various positions.
That may or may not help you on the other end but at least you will know what terminal does what on the switch.

Good luck

Victor
1962 Dormobile in the family since 1964
1969 NADA Dormobile 2.6L #800 out of 811 NADAS built

Alan Drover

Quote from: diffwhine on Mar 29, 2024, 07:38 PMIf you have one, lock it up at night - starting to get difficult to find good ones!
I've got a spare one knocking around somewhere. I didn't realise they were rare. I'll have to rummage around to find it.
Edit. Had a look on line. There's a genuine Land Rover used switch for a staggering £399.99!!!
Emberton sell them but they look different from the original.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Bigdog

Would it be something like this

Bigdog

I would be interested in buying it Alan if you have the correct one

diffwhine

They are available, but the cheapest one I can find is about £70.
Charlie Emberton does an alternative one for just over £50.

It would be best if we can bottom out using the 2A Headlight switch - much cheaper. Hold fire on the Series 3 route until we've decided if this will do. Have you got a switch for the windscreen wash?

Alan Drover

I've got to find it. I'm sure I had 2 when I gave one to Ian when he fitted the new bulkhead so that he could wire it in.
I won't be getting rid of it in a hurry anyway.
The ones on your photos Bigdog are not the original type.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

diffwhine

I think I saw one in my pile of acquired bits earlier this week, so if it ends up being a Series 3 switch, we can probably come to a solution.

That Series 3 switch is also available without the wash switch attached under p/n 579207. Much cheaper at £35 + VAT, but would still mean a separate wash switch.

Bigdog

Yeah I would like to keep original if possible