News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

What have you done with your Series 2 today ?

Started by Wittsend, May 01, 2024, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

Started up the LWT after over a year sitting in the garage.

Pulled the fuel pipe off the carb and got fuel up after a few pumps on the pump lever.
Then a few more pumps to fill the carb ... and she fired up on first attempt with half choke.
The petrol is 4 years old ! (with a preservative). Amazing ....
After a few minutes idling she settled down into a smooth rhythm  :gold-cup

A little drive up and down the road, water temp normal and good oil pressure - brakes working fine.

Getting it ready to sell on.

Gareth

After steering was getting a little vague, and also because my mate came round I got him to sit in the 109 and rock the steering. I found 4 worn ball joints on the steering drag link and track rod.

I thought about trying to find some better  items, but to be honest bits the parts are not  expensive to do all 4, so will just be prepared to replace them regularly.

Exile

Stripped pedal boxes.

Broke teapot.

simonbav

I finished my ali centre seat box and etch primed it and the other rear tub and seat box repairs.
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

diffwhine

I broke my Series 2 Club mug... :thud

I've had it a couple of weeks!!! :ranting  :ranting

Oh well - it was lovely while it lasted.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Littlelegs

Had a go at spraying the Smiths heater casing and doors with wrinkle paint. My first go with this stuff and it's not come out too badly. I did the horn push surround too and painted the smiths fan in satin black.
1963 Series 2a 88 petrol

snowtigress

2 rear shocks fitted, fighting the rusted in split pins!

Space-Kook

We went for a drive around London, so many smiles per mile.  :cheers-man
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

simonbav

I painted undercoat over the primer of yesterday and fitted the 109's sun visors to check their fit before moving on to repairing the handle on my push mower because, well, spring 🙂
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

TimV

Quote from: Littlelegs on May 04, 2024, 09:01 PMHad a go at spraying the Smiths heater casing and doors with wrinkle paint. My first go with this stuff and it's not come out too badly. I did the horn push surround too and painted the smiths fan in satin black.

Wrinkle paint - tell me more? Where did you get it from please?

Littlelegs

I got it from Frost Auto Restorations as I was ordering some other bits. It's listed as VHT wrinkle paint crackle finish £12 for a 310ml spray tin. They do other colours than black too. Seems to go a long way. It's a little bit faffy to get used to, but I watched some online videos prior to having a go and it's not come out too badly. I used a heat gun to bring out the wrinkles as the missus wasn't keen on the bits being baked in the oven as it suggests on the tin😂
1963 Series 2a 88 petrol

Wittsend

I too got mine from Frosts ...

Follow the instructions on the can to the letter and you'll be OK.

:hinges

TimV

WoodenMan

Door tops off today as one of the bolts had broke. Took her for the first drive this spring, but probably one of the last with this engine. Just need to get the guts to change a 2.25 diesel 3 bearing that is knackered for a 5 bearing 2.25 diesel...... is it easy? as going up the mountain in 1st/2nd due to lack of puff aint the quietest experience
Collector of metal fragments
1967 2a Ragtop (well most of it might be )

TimV

Going to the dump tomorrow with a heavy load, so I went out today to check everything was fine - which it was. First time in over a month it has been used. Hand lever on the fuel pump, started first time!