News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Ross Floyd

Started by Beowulf, Oct 21, 2023, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beowulf

I had never heard of Ross Floyd until reading "Founding Father Gets Flag #1" featured in the current B2L where it also states he was "the founding member of the S2C".  However, on the clubs website Home page it merely says the club was founded by a "group of enthusiasts", now wouldn`t it be nice if Ross was named as the father of the S2C on the web site   ??? 

And with the clubs beginning`s being such an important part of it`s heritage, his story of how it all began and then developed would make for a good read, and which could be highlighted on the website and or Forum. Additionally, does what Ross had done, justify having an annual Ross Floyd Trophy (or some such award) or would that be taking it a bit too far?

Maybe I`m being too sentimental but I just like the idea of Ross having the recognition I think he deserves   :tiphat

Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

diffwhine

I agree. I think history is important and I don't know much about it. It would make a good section of the website.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

TimV

Ross spoke of the early days of the club and how he envisaged it in a speech at the 2022 Cheddar Rally.

He was pleased to say that the rally epitomised how he had seen it all those years ago (1984).

Lots of information on the early days of the club are in the old B2Ls in the club's website.