Me again . Anyone heard of Antasie Rust converter

Started by Betsy1969, Sep 03, 2023, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betsy1969

As above really. I know there's some right pony and trap talked on FB but this stuff looks interesting. If it's real I might get some on various parts before I select a suitable treatment like Lanoguard

Regards Andy

cswagon

I personally have used Vactan for years and can't speak highly enough of the stuff. I've never heard of Antasie I'm afraid.
1971 Ser 11A 109 SW (flat packed) (now being driven daily)                                                         

1972 Ser 111 109 van (daily driver)...SOLD

Saga lout.

NoBeardNoTopKnot

This is one of those questions which it's doubtful can be answered. I use Kurust for similar. Is it good - who knows? I don't. I have no way to test it, or tell you it's better or worse than competitors. `i'm sure there's far better. If I told you Antasie was great stuff, who would be telling you this? Some random bloke on the internet, who reads the blurb.

I suspect it's better than nothing.

N

My personal preference on bare or clean rusty steel is to apply all of:
1. Corroless 's' anti corrosive primer
2. Corroless Rf16 high build glass reinforced top coat
3. Lanoguard

Those rust converters that turn the metal black are fine (and all have the same active ingredient), but on a chassis they do still require you to paint a primer and top coat.

Lanoguard is great as an annual-ish treatment, but if you've got bare steel underneath I would paint it first.

Corroless 's' primer (aka Buzzweld RCP) would negate the need for the antasie although it's much more expensive that those type of treatments.