News:

Dance Like a Chicken Day   ... 

Main Menu

Roamerdrive

Started by sheepman, Jul 07, 2023, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheepman

Is anyone aware if the Canadian company Roamerdrive has closed down?

I enquired with Craddock's today and they said they are unobtainable.

An email to the company bounces back, and other online companies state they are nil stock. 

MegaGeoff

Sad news if they are closed!

hooligan

I spoke to them a few months back. Their phone number is 604.925.1260. Hope they're still around.

Richard

Their website is up and running...Roamerdrive international ordering
Richard
'64 S2a

jkhackney

I was in email contact with Ray in mid-May. He was just departing for a very long trip along the western Canadian coast in his 88".  He assured me he's not retired yet and said they're moving the whole company several hundred miles within Canada. Maybe the move is taking place just now? I'd think that someone would respond to email soon.

-Jeremy

DogDave

Maybe worth trying syncrogearboxes.com they are saying out of stock but 7-10 days, perhaps a call when open

No connection other than I bought my roamerdrive from them as they had short lead time and decent pricing when I wanted one in 2020.

Kaney

Still advertising in this months CLR

RATA1

The problem is that Britpart no longer imports them from Roamerdrive. This is why there is no stock anywhere in the UK - everyone bought from Britpart unless they imported directly.

This was around June/July time when I was trying to source one so I emailed Roamerdrive and they explained.

They have moved to a direct sales model so the only option is to buy directly from Canada which will set you back US $2000 + $300 shipping. Then add VAT on landing in the UK (no duty though).

Not exactly a bargain, but I am of the mind that if you want one, time might be limited.
S2 88
D4 XXV

Kevswb

I got mine from synchro gearboxes, I believe they import them directly, I had to wait a few weeks.

Bloke

Quote from: RATA1 on Aug 31, 2023, 04:05 PMThe problem is that Britpart no longer imports them from Roamerdrive. This is why there is no stock anywhere in the UK - everyone bought from Britpart unless they imported directly.

This was around June/July time when I was trying to source one so I emailed Roamerdrive and they explained.

They have moved to a direct sales model so the only option is to buy directly from Canada which will set you back US $2000 + $300 shipping. Then add VAT on landing in the UK (no duty though).

Not exactly a bargain, but I am of the mind that if you want one, time might be limited.

It's such a shame that companies such as Roamerdrive and Rocky Mountain, known for making very well-regarded products, don't have UK dealers.
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)

RATA1

Spoke to Ray this afternoon and there is no distribution network any longer.

All sales are direct to Roamerdrive - so synchro likely imported them directly or bought the last few units from Britpart or held some in stock.

They will cost you $350 shipping now so add the 4% PayPal fee (unless you do an international transfer) and you are looking ar $2440 US plus VAT when UPS knock on your door.

They are moving to a new location and this PDF is what Ray sent me. It will be in the magazines next month I guess.

What I should have done was bought one last year when I said I would. I doubt they will get any cheaper!

Ray has no current plans to retire he told me, so I guess short term they will still be available.

:cheers
S2 88
D4 XXV

Strang

I've got a new one still in its crate that I bought some years ago. Just wondering what its worth please?

RATA1

It is likely you could double your money. When you could get one from Craddocks they were almost £1900. More at other places. Now they are more as you have to get them yourself.
I am sure if you put it on ebay you would get a lot of money for it.
S2 88
D4 XXV

GlenAnderson

Quote from: Strang on Sep 01, 2023, 03:07 PMI've got a new one still in its crate that I bought some years ago. Just wondering what its worth please?

£50.

I'll come pick it up tomorrow. 😃👍