News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Vehicle tracker with GPS

Started by Landy Landy, Sep 26, 2023, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisJC

Because I built my wiring loom from scratch, I could incorporate my chosen solution.

This means it's not an 'add-on', but built in to the starter circuit for example.

It would take somebody from this forum to find it, only spotting it via incongruity, the average person would not see it as standing out.

Chris.

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Like all these solutions, there's a way to beat them. The savvy thieves are fully aware of this stuff. Security threads used to be brimmed to brain-out comments on how this or that could be defeated. This stuff works because it bogs them down, that is all.

My son and his friends solution works because the 'relay' must either be removed before they move, which again bogs them down, or forces them to be traced for a few minutes. This if they know it's there. Thieves often park-up a 'stolen' and watch to see if it's tracked. or in the case of m/cycles will be running about the local waste-ground. Recovery is high in this period.

For clarity; Motorcycles are theft insurable, only the small print says 'whilst at your home address, locked-garage'.