News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

449 PKK 61 Dormobile article

Started by Gordon Furness, Nov 27, 2023, 06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Furness

Does anyone on here own this Dormobile - there is an Autocar mag on ebay that has this vehicle in an article. DVLA shows it still exists

link

AlexB

it's not on my register (such that it is)
It would be the earliest that I know of

I couldn't get the link to work

Gordon Furness

Was thinking similar as Gordon's is 62

The item number is  115991147565.

No idea with the link ?

jkhackney

I could read the ad with the link. It's a pretty magazine.

A Dormobile for Colonial conditions, ahem! The Model T did just fine in the roadless USA 40 years before Land Rovers existed ...

Anyway they found sufficiently rough terrain in Britain to break the china crockery and rattle the broiler apart in their test.

I'm glad to read that it's not just us bringing too much junk on trips; the review from back then also wished for more space for luggage, bedding and dishes/cookware.

-Jeremy

Gordon Lowe

Quote from: Gordon Furness on Nov 27, 2023, 08:16 PMWas thinking similar as Gordon's is 62

No idea with the link ?
Definitely older than mine. But is it still around and on the road

Gordon Lowe

Quote from: Gordon Furness on Nov 27, 2023, 08:16 PMWas thinking similar as Gordon's is 62

No idea with the link ?
Most of mine was actually built in December 61 but not registered until January 62

Gordon Furness

I think ours has a bit of time between build and registration, makes sense

HMRC says currently on SORN and last V5 issued in 2019

gcc130

Old Hywel

Gordon Furness

Haha, well spotted - DVLA  :confused , probably put the other as I had just read the reminder for my tax return

gcc130

Dormy

Quote from: Gordon Lowe on Nov 28, 2023, 12:16 PMMost of mine was actually built in December 61 but not registered until January 62

Quote from: Gordon Furness on Nov 28, 2023, 05:29 PMI think ours has a bit of time between build and registration, makes sense

I think that's normal for Dormobiles. Mine was out of Dispatch in Aug 66 but not registered until Feb 67 - Obviously took a little longer to go through Martin and Walters than Gordon Lowe's dormobile !
"I'm sorry for the man who hears the pipes, and who wisnae born in Scotland."