News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

A call for Dormobile Gurus...

Started by diffwhine, Feb 06, 2024, 01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diffwhine

We have been passed an enquiry about the disposal of a very original 2A 109 SW Dormobile. It's not in the UK, but could be shipped back here if need be. It does have full documentation and was a UK export vehicle.

I don't know enough about Dormobile conversions to advise the owners, so am putting a shout out to the lunatic fringe of club members who actually own these vehicles (you know who you are... :cool) who know these vehicles really well and could help work a plan.

If anybody is able to help, please at the first instance drop me a PM with their email address and I'll explain what this is all about. It is definitely a vehicle worth saving...
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Peter Holden

Gordon and Alex would be the lunatics best equiped to answer these questions

Peter

diffwhine

Actually having seen this vehicle, I'm very tempted to join the "lunatic fringe" of Dormobile owners...

Bloke

1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)

island dormy

Hi Diffwhine

Count me in, glad to help, if I can.

Victor
1962 Dormobile in the family since 1964
1969 NADA Dormobile 2.6L #800 out of 811 NADAS built

Dormy

Happy to chuck my tuppence worth in too.

PM sent.
"I'm sorry for the man who hears the pipes, and who wisnae born in Scotland."

Calum

I can confirm Domobile owners are indeed lunatics - they don't own Carawagons.

diffwhine

I'm staying neutral on this one.

After all, we are all Land Rover owners, so there is a degree of complicit lunacy in all of us...

Dormy

Quote from: Calum on Feb 06, 2024, 06:16 PMI can confirm Domobile owners are indeed lunatics - they don't own Carawagons.

What does that make @Robin as he has both - and several examples too !
"I'm sorry for the man who hears the pipes, and who wisnae born in Scotland."

jkhackney

I did my best to rebuild mine to "standard" (then modified it again!). Let me know if I can help? My email is on my profile.

-Jeremy