News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Insurance/Agreed Value

Started by malcolm, Sep 19, 2023, 09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malcolm

Going to renew the insurance on SWB 1961 station wagon pretty much original any idea what sort of value i should be looking at, any of the usual places better than others for quote.

diffwhine

Difficult to tell without an idea of condition, but a well sorted original SW has to be worth around £20,000 for insurance purposes. That is not necessarily what it is worth to sell, but as an indicative replacement value, it could be anywhere between £8,00 (tatty but all there and running) to £30,000 + (absurdly over-restored concours). Where are you going to find another one? They are rare beasts.

As for providers, I am sure plenty of people have their favourites. All the usuals advertise in all the magazines.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Graham Smith

diffwhine

Looks like I was pretty close in my guesstimate!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

simon1959

My 1959 SWB is very original (if you don't count the new loom and refurbished bulkhead ??? ) and its agreed value is £16k. There scope to nudge that up towards £20k based upon the guidance provided above.

RobS

I have an agreed value of £40K on George, this was based on the cost to achieve his current condition. Whilst I understand that a more original vehicle can command a high value on the other hand a well put together modified vehicle can also command a higher value certainly now we have ULEZ to take into consideration.

At the end of the day it's all about what you and the insurance company can agree on, take plenty of photo's and supply as much history as you can.