News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

security in a 11a

Started by w3526602, Dec 12, 2023, 03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3526602

Hi,

OT ... but to do with security, although not S2 related.
A bloke was driving down from Scotland, and picked up a hitch-hiker, a nice bloke.

When they got into London, he told the hitch hiker he was almost home, so he let him out at the next roundabout.

The hitchhiker pulled out a knife, and said he expected to be taken down to Brighton.

The driver gave a short whistle, and the huge German Shepherd (who had been minding his own business on the back seat) stood up and growled.

OK, probably not true, but its a nice thought.

Alan Drover

The owner of an MGB convertible had to keep his car on the road outside his house and it kept being broken into. He got a square of plywood, the same size as the driver's seat and hammered a gross of tacks into it. He covered it like a cushion, put it on the driver's seat tack points upwards. Sure enough one night he was awoken by an almighty scream and saw someone legging it who obviously had multiple holes on his backside.
This is a true story featured in an MG magazine many years ago.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

simonbav

Quote from: Alan Drover on Dec 12, 2023, 05:39 PMThe owner of an MGB convertible had to keep his car on the road outside his house and it kept being broken into. He got a square of plywood, the same size as the driver's seat and hammered a gross of tacks into it. He covered it like a cushion, put it on the driver's seat tack points upwards. Sure enough one night he was awoken by an almighty scream and saw someone legging it who obviously had multiple holes on his backside.
This is a true story featured in an MG magazine many years ago.

I'm reminded of Billy Connolly's story, of his father or a friend's father who wired his motorcycle's handlebars to mains after it was repeatedly borrowed  :cool
1960 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

S2A V8

A mate of mine told me a story of an owner of a land rover discovery who kept getting his headlamps stolen as they could be removed by putting your fingers under the lower edge and pulling them out, so the owner then fitted new headlamps with the addition of a row of razor blades embedded in the lower edge, needless to say one morning he found a trail of blood from the dico to the kerb side. Must have made a right mess of his fingers as the only way to get your fingers out is a straight pull.