What did you do with your Series 2 in July ...

Started by Wittsend, Jul 05, 2023, 11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

New Forum, new month ... done anything interesting with your Land Rover today ???

scotty38

I put a new battery on mine on Monday so counts as this month.....
Still Wittsend's little helper.....

Birdsnest55

I have changed the 2 front dumb irons and fitted new shocks and springs.
Both sides are now the same length between the spring bush and front mounting holes.
Previously there was 1/2" difference.
Found that the near side dumb iron had been patched over some rather large ripples.

Paul
1965 109" 200TDi with a 5 speed gearbox and 3.54 diffs.

roverscotty

Received the block back from the machine shop getting it ready for paint again..

Peter Holden

Been to the tip again and had a bit of a ride round in my now quieter diesel, the serviced injectors have made a lot of difference

Peter

Genocache

Nope, going grocery shopping later this morning.

Rustandoil

I was going to fit a fuel filter, but it looks very poor quality.... Looks a mess with two short sections of pipe and 4 x jubilee clips 😕

Tom

Dragged my project out of the bushes last week, I put it there 3 years ago as a temporary measure, and then life got in the way.
Hopefully I'll now be able to crack on and make a little progress!

Genocache

Well, my trip to the grocery turned more exciting than I expected. 2 miles from town I started hearing a ticking noise. It slowly got louder and I deduced it was rotational in source. I finally figured it was the speedo cable by the time I got to the store. After shopping it started right away and continued at slower than 25mph speeds, above that no noise. By the time I got home It had turned into a squeek and I figured the bushing in the speedo needed lube.
    So after putting the groceries away I pulled the speedo and took it apart and cleaned and lubed the bushing. Then put it all back together. Testing with an old cable and drill I could hear no squeak.

Paul4978

Sorted out the wiring to the front lights - brittle looms after dismantling. Mainly trimming back and re- bulleting. New indicator and its loom. Bits from Embertons - quick delivery and club discount.
Road legal again so 7 miles for petrol and Maltesers. SS exhaust sounds different but no leaks

gromet

Mines stuck in the garage as the concrete out front is being replaced what should have been a 2 day job started on Monday has turned in to a week as the concrete  won't be here till this coming Monday and no matter what gromet is coming out Thursday morning so it better be set .
swb truck cab  gromet
swb soft top bumble

Eskvalleyboy

Freda took my mig welder to work to assist in the workshop rehash.

Peter Holden

Just another plain old tip run with garden rubbish

Peter

Wittsend

Quote from: Peter Holden on Jul 05, 2023, 03:27 PMBeen to the tip again and had a bit of a ride round in my now quieter diesel, the serviced injectors have made a lot of difference

Peter
You seem to be spending a lot of time at the tip - do you have a season ticket ?

:dust-2

Crumbly65

Picked up my S2 from my mechanic's workshop after he's fitted my new set of Jones Springs.

Wow - what a difference!  I had no idea how much my previous set had deteriorated over the last 20 or so years, despite my best efforts with a wire brush and motorcycle chain grease..........

I'm a happy bunny again.