What did you do with your Land Rover in August

Started by Wittsend, Aug 01, 2023, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

Anything interesting ???

Because it's Yorkshire day :yorkshire_tea

Kaney

Had a little drive out as I have put in an old style cubby box in that I have messed about with relining adding cup holders and some storage nets along with a tool box for behind the rear bulkhead in between the tub sides and so wanted to see how it felt driving with it as it is high up on the battery cover and also with the big steering wheel back on so off to Rivington and it was fine also I can't get over how quiet it is with the new exhaust manifold re gasket and bolts etc along with tappets reset so all in all a good test drive.
Picture as I have just put some old carpet runner in cup holders and netting was later, Steering wheel refurbed by Coopers

Countryview

Managed to give myself a day off and took the hound for a day out in the new forest
1959 88" Series 2

Peter Holden

This afternoon when it had stopped raining I cut the rot out of the side of the dumb iron and made a piece to weld in.  Just about to go and get a replacement gas cylinder so that I could start welding when a panic call came from no2 son, his L200 pickup monster truck had decided to split an intercooler pipe and could I go and pick up the one he had ordered, an hour and a half later I returned home, now too late to get the gas so that is a first thing in the morning job.  Hopefully no more dramas from either son with their vehicles and then I can concentrate on finishing jobs on YOD ready for next week

Peter

Larry S

Gave Grover a bath and then SWMBO and I took Grover to the National Night Out event here in our little town.

'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Mike T

Finished spraying the wiper parts. Just waiting on a couple of parts to arrive.

Peter Holden

Repaired a drivers side dumb iron.  I only found the hole because I took the bumper off in preparattion for fitting the new apron

Peter

Alan Drover

Today I drove my Series 3 to a nearby byway to exercise the dogs and the 4wd system.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

N

Today I hunted high and low looking for a coolant leak on my wife's Defender 110 TD5. Looks like a hole in the heater matrix might be the main culprit but there are suspicious pink stains in a few other spots to be investigated  :'( 

DogDave

Drove the Series 3 to Leeds and back to buy replacement aluminium tube after a misguided decision to put the awning up before going to the pub at masham steam show the other week. It was a tad windy and so repairs needed.

Followed by helping a mate put a freshly skimmed cylinder head back on a 200 tdi. First experience of using a phone app as a protractor for the necessary "then tighten another 60 degrees" routine.

RATA1

Fixed my sunroof drain pipe leak on my Discovery 4.
Dried it out last week with the dehumidifier and towels. Got more than 3 litres of water out with the dehumidifier alone!
A very awkward job I hope not to do again in a hurry.
S2 88
D4 XXV

Peter Holden

A little update, I was a busy little bee yesterday afternoon, I got the new apron fitted, also the new oil pressure switch and a trip to the tip.  The trip to the tip was to give it a run to test the oil pressure switch.  I also called to see the chap who did the repairs on the apron, he took some photos.

Peter

Kaney

Fuelled up ready for an outing to the caravan.

Craig T

Carried on cleaning studs, washers and nuts for the series one engine.

Craig.

diffwhine

Took the P38 to our local garage to photograph their petrol pumps for the NEC show.

The owner has a very interesting late 2A rotting in a field near his house which I'm going to get to look at shortly. I think there is a good story in there on this one. Will do a post on it once I've been to look at it. Its certainly nothing I've come across before, so watch this space...

Must add that I think this thread is an excellent idea.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon