What did you do with your Series 2 in October ...

Started by Wittsend, Oct 01, 2023, 07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

Anything interesting - tell us all about it ....

:low-box

Alan Drover

Newbury Sort out. 48 miles covered. Italian tune up on the A34.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Len

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿😇 I was there.on my little patch in the far corner of the field of landrover heaven.Absolutly loved every bit of it. Landrover nutters, lovers ,nerds,boffins,collectors,students ,clubers & everything & everyone infected by the green oval bug.
I also spoke,sold and bought stuff to old & new (friends now) from all over Britain and as far as Nepal,Germany,Netherlands,France etc.
Special thanks to the German gentleman/herr for the jump start they gave my defenders flat battery.So,many thanks to them,& gotten fart as they say in Germany,again many thanks to them .

Landrover Len
Mem 210

diffwhine

I also had a good time and felt it went well and is back to the ethos of the past events.

Chucking an idea out there...

What appetite might there be for us as a club to run a stall next time? I'm thinking quite a big pitch and maybe a couple of club gazebos where our own members can buy and sell Series 2 and 2A specific parts (there will inevitably be some other bits). Costs of the stand might be an issue, but if there was a focal point of Series 2/2A stalls that might be quite a magnet - especially if we pushed it a bit on here and FB before the event.

It would need to be made clear that the club is not selling - just individual members, but I thought it might make a nice social occasion and make more of a day of it than just flogging stuff on our own. We could also tie the main S2C stand in with other club members who want to run their own stalls so we are all able to pitch together. I think the organisers might quite like that.

Just a thought, but I'd welcome any feedback
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Bloke

Quote from: diffwhine on Oct 02, 2023, 11:00 AMI also had a good time and felt it went well and is back to the ethos of the past events.

Chucking an idea out there...

What appetite might there be for us as a club to run a stall next time? I'm thinking quite a big pitch and maybe a couple of club gazebos where our own members can buy and sell Series 2 and 2A specific parts (there will inevitably be some other bits). Costs of the stand might be an issue, but if there was a focal point of Series 2/2A stalls that might be quite a magnet - especially if we pushed it a bit on here and FB before the event.

It would need to be made clear that the club is not selling - just individual members, but I thought it might make a nice social occasion and make more of a day of it than just flogging stuff on our own. We could also tie the main S2C stand in with other club members who want to run their own stalls so we are all able to pitch together. I think the organisers might quite like that.

Just a thought, but I'd welcome any feedback

Excellent idea! Members selling Series parts, whilst simultaneously having the Series 2 Club "brand" on display could really work. It gives members the opportunity to have that sort-out and make a bit of cash, and also advertising the club and it's benefits. A handful of membership signups off the back of it could pay for the pitch  ???
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)

Wittsend

Go for it !

Get the date of the 2024 event in the diary and plan ahead. Get some banners out and the gazebo  :gold-cup

:65th-flag

Alan Drover

"Ça plane pour moi!"

gcc130

I wasn't aware of the Series 1 club having a stand at Newbury.
Several area reps had stands Somerset, Wilts, Bristol & Glos(myself) and the Sussex area rep had a stand selling some club shop items alongside his own parts.

Alan Drover

"Ça plane pour moi!"

Beowulf

Checked the strength of the antifreeze, she's good for minus 31C  :cold
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

gcc130

Quote from: Alan Drover on Oct 02, 2023, 02:45 PMI somehow missed those stands.
Blue Ineos Grenadier and Green Defender 130 parked together.

Alan Drover

I saw the Grenadier. My mate preferred the 130..
"Ça plane pour moi!"

gcc130

Space-Kook

Picked the series up from the garage, accidentally dropped a bolt into the flywheel housing and they fished it out for me.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Larry S

Drove Grover into the big city for the first time since adjusting the carb - did really well and purred like a kitten at stops. Anyway, while pulling into the shop, I noticed the path that's getting worn into the grass. I guess it goes to show just how much I've been driving Grover this year.  On a bad note... I noticed the oil trail left after pulling in.  The last time a trail like this was left, the O-ring on the 4-wheel drive selector shaft had gone bad.  It's either that or the front output shaft seal went bad. Guess I'll need to crawl underneath and investigate.

Tried loading pics, but for some reason they won't load/post.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.