News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Ineos Grenadier (again)

Started by Richard, Jul 14, 2023, 05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uffddd

Back to Grenadiers, I had a brief drive in one recently. Just 20 minutes through city traffic so not enough to get any sort of a feel for it.

What I did notice though is I got in it, felt I was sitting too high so tried to jack the seat down only to find it was already as low as it could go. I then tried to adjust the wing mirrors to get a decent view and found they were already all the way up.

It's very possible I was missing something but my impression was that if you're more than 6'2" you might struggle a bit to see behind you as the split rear door also means the view through the rear view mirror is somewhat compromised.

That said though I was impressed. The design is growing on me despite feeling there's something off about the look of the front end. I can see why it looks as it does though.

Beowulf

Quote from: Birdsnest55 on Sep 24, 2023, 08:06 AMOT but similar.
What is this?

Paul
orrible, that's what that is.
There have been many ugly utilitarian and military vehicles, which in their ugliness are actually beautiful.  AEC & Scammell had some wonderful examples during WW2. Even back then, they had real design skills.
But looking like its been designed by a child with a big crayon in a dark room, this box thing is just plain horrible. 
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

diffwhine

Watch out! - it was that boxy concept that made LR lose their design challenge on the Grenadier.
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon