News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

Our New Website...!

Started by diffwhine, Jan 01, 2024, 09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris866

The website and forum logins are two separate 'things'.  We could tie the two together but the disadvantages way outweighed the advantages so we didn't go down this route.  Forum logins have not been touched.
- Membership secretary
- Anglia Area Rep
- Website admin

TimV

The index to the B2L back-numbers hasn't migrated to the new website.

Chris866

Quote from: TimV on Jan 03, 2024, 03:55 PMThe index to the B2L back-numbers hasn't migrated to the new website.

Can you remind me what this is and I'll investigate, thanks.
- Membership secretary
- Anglia Area Rep
- Website admin

TimV

At the top of the back-number page on the old website was an index to the magazines, an excel spreadsheet.

Chris866

Quote from: TimV on Jan 03, 2024, 04:35 PMAt the top of the back-number page on the old website was an index to the magazines, an excel spreadsheet.

All sorted out via email.  The index has been added to the B2L archive and Tim can upload the spreadsheet as and when he likes.
- Membership secretary
- Anglia Area Rep
- Website admin

Peter Holden

Beowulf

An amazing transformation, looking fresh & smart, its an impressive piece of work. Very well done Chris & also to your unnamed helpers  :gold-cup
Fred
2A Or Not 2A, That Is The Question ~ William Shakespeare

dkenner

Quote from: Gareth on Jan 01, 2024, 01:14 PMFixed. I was using a VPN and it doesn't seem to like it. Turned it off and it now works.

I'm using a VPN and have no issues.  Did the whole new userid and such with it running.

---------
1950, 51, 52, 62, 76

Eve

The update is a terrific piece of work.
I'm hugely impressed and appreciate the time and effort those involved have put in.
Well done!

Peter Holden

And it has been done in house so has cost very little money, just the cost of the software

Peter

Gareth

Quote from: dkenner on Jan 04, 2024, 04:02 AM
Quote from: Gareth on Jan 01, 2024, 01:14 PMFixed. I was using a VPN and it doesn't seem to like it. Turned it off and it now works.

I'm using a VPN and have no issues.  Did the whole new userid and such with it running.

What VPN do you use? I'm using NordVPN.

dkenner

Quote from: Gareth on Jan 04, 2024, 06:25 PMWhat VPN do you use? I'm using NordVPN.

Ironically, the same one.  Using it now.
---------
1950, 51, 52, 62, 76

Dieselhen

Happy New Year! I'm massively impressed by the new website, despite the minor panic attack of "oh no, not another password change and what did I do wrong". Well done and thank you.

TugboatTim

A huge thank you to Chris and his team for the new website  :cheers-man
Running my own website I understand just how much work is involved in such an endeavour. You are all to be congratulated on a terrific result :cheers
The path of my life is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic herd

Betsy1969

Another vote of thanks and well done's from me. Excellent work and looks really slick. I still can't find past articles in the search box but that's probably my age  :thud