News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

S2C Instagram and Twitter Pages

Started by Bloke, Sep 20, 2023, 11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloke

For those who use Instagram and Twitter, the club has created brand new pages. Each of them use the same account name, @LRSeries2Club

https://www.instagram.com/lrseries2club/

https://twitter.com/LRSeries2Club

Please give the club a follow and spread the word. If you have any Land Rover content you'd like shared on Instagram or Twitter, please send a Direct Message to @LRSeries2Club

Thanks!

:hinges

Tom
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)

Larry S

I'm following both.

But who do the other two belong to?   ???
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

John

Being a old bloke who has never used/been on  Instagram or Twitter
what are these and is this just another way to read the forum or somthing much more :confused

Is there a idiots guide to these :thud
Used to be "oilstain" on old forum

Bloke

Quote from: Larry S on Sep 20, 2023, 11:44 PMI'm following both.

Thanks for following, Larry.

The Series 2 Club DACH account belongs to our Dutch contingent. We're unsure about the 'theseries2club' account - we're trying to find out who's running the page so we can eliminate any confusion/duplication.

Tom

Bloke

Quote from: John on Sep 21, 2023, 02:37 PMBeing a old bloke who has never used/been on  Instagram or Twitter
what are these and is this just another way to read the forum or something much more :confused

Hi John,

Instagram and Twitter are social media websites. Essentially they're a way for people to follow short-form news and media. Instagram revolves around photographs and videos, whereas Twitter is primarily around snippets of text.

Our Instagram and Twitter pages will act as another way for people to keep up to date with news and activities of the club.

Tom

Larry S

Quote from: Bloke on Sep 21, 2023, 04:56 PM

Thanks for following, Larry.

The Series 2 Club DACH account belongs to our Dutch contingent. We're unsure about the 'theseries2club' account - we're trying to find out who's running the page so we can eliminate any confusion/duplication.

Tom

It'll be interesting to find out who created that other one. At least it is linked to the Club's website, so I imagine who ever did it was/is trying to help promote the club.

Larry S

I've often though it would be nice to have a section on the forum where members could post links to their various social media accounts.

Bloke

Quote from: Larry S on Sep 21, 2023, 05:50 PMI've often though it would be nice to have a section on the forum where members could post links to their various social media accounts.

Great idea! I believe I have seen something similar to this on another forum before; by linking your social media accounts in your forum profile. Then when you post you have clickable links to each social media platform underneath your forum name. I'm probably not making much sense, but I'll have a look into it!

Tom

Chris866

But who do the other two belong to?  ???

Ignore 'theseries2club', that was me playing around with the club website.  That account has been deleted but Instagram don't delete accounts instantly.  Sorry for any confusion.
- Membership secretary
- Anglia Area Rep
- Website admin

John

Quote from: Bloke on Sep 21, 2023, 05:11 PM
Quote from: John on Sep 21, 2023, 02:37 PMBeing a old bloke who has never used/been on  Instagram or Twitter
what are these and is this just another way to read the forum or something much more :confused

Hi John,

Instagram and Twitter are social media websites. Essentially they're a way for people to follow short-form news and media. Instagram revolves around photographs and videos, whereas Twitter is primarily around snippets of text.

Our Instagram and Twitter pages will act as another way for people to keep up to date with news and activities of the club.

Tom

Thank you, but I'm still unsure why we need many forms of comunication rather just one, will we not miss things or duplicate things.....or am I just to old to understand :shakinghead
I do see the odd thing on facebook but then never see ths same thing again :confused
Perhaps I should just stick to this and S1 club forums and ask questions already covered by these other forms of comunication :thud
Sorry for my lack of understanding :shakinghead

Craig T

The other platforms are not really the place to ask questions.
Twitter will be the place for the club to make short messages to its followers and Instagram is the place for the club to post photos again, for the enjoyment of its followers.

If you have questions to ask, stick to this forum.  :cheers

Craig.

John

Quote from: Craig T on Sep 22, 2023, 12:56 PMThe other platforms are not really the place to ask questions.
Twitter will be the place for the club to make short messages to its followers and Instagram is the place for the club to post photos again, for the enjoyment of its followers.

If you have questions to ask, stick to this forum.  :cheers

Craig.

^^^ now I see, I think, thank you

diffwhine

John... You are not alone!
I've never got on with any of the Instagram, X/Twitter and so on platforms. They seem to be designed for people with the attention span of a goldfish.
Forums still work fine for me...
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Bloke

The forum is still king in my opinion. But it's always good to have visibility across as many major platforms as possible.

And you never know, those goldfish might wind up buying a Series 2 one day... and then forgetting why they did! Haha

NoBeardNoTopKnot

Quote from: diffwhine on Sep 22, 2023, 01:10 PMThey seem to be designed for people with the attention span of a goldfish.

Bit harsh. True, but harsh.