News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

S2C Instagram and Twitter Pages

Started by Bloke, Sep 20, 2023, 11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N

Quote from: NoBeardNoTopKnot on Sep 22, 2023, 10:35 PM
Quote from: diffwhine on Sep 22, 2023, 01:10 PMThey seem to be designed for people with the attention span of a goldfish.

Bit harsh. True, but harsh.

Since joining Instagram and following exclusively Land Rover related accounts I've been to a bunch of events, met loads of like minded people, learned a lot about restoring my vehicle, and helped others where I have a bit of knowledge they were missing.

Several active and well supported Land Rover events have sprung up almost entirely driven by Instagram activity.

It may not be for you, but it is one of the most popular ways for series Land Rover owners around the world to keep in touch. So I'm delighted that the series2club has a presence and I hope that it engages with the community out there and brings more members into the fold.

Larry S

I know of at least two people who found out about the S2C via my Instagram feed.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

NoBeardNoTopKnot

I checked.

§1; Paragraph 4
Goldfish can be in the S2C.

diffwhine

Just to be clear, it was not my intention to denigrate either platform. It was an off the cuff comment based on how I see it. Neither platform works for me and although quite IT savvie, I just don't get that form of social media. Both my children's year groups have Instagram feeds at school and it takes me for ever to wade through all the rubbish to see anything informative. For me that's time I won't get back, so can't really be bothered. If it works for others, and this is the way the world has moved, so be it. The Club has these pages because we recognise the need and necessity for such a profile. Just don't ask me to make sense of it!

1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Richard

Quote from: Bloke on Sep 21, 2023, 04:56 PMThe Series 2 Club DACH account belongs to our Dutch contingent.
No Tom, I think it is our contingent from Deutschland, Austria and the Cantons Helvétiques, aka Switzerland (D-A-CH). Replies to the posts are in German and French, registration plates on the pictures are German (in the back, on the Jags, for example).
Richard
'64 S2a

Richard

Quote from: NoBeardNoTopKnot on Sep 23, 2023, 10:16 AMI checked.

§1; Paragraph 4
Goldfish can be in the S2C.
Hm, as far as I can see, our Memorandum and Articles of Association only mentions seals (§58).
Richard
'64 S2a

diffwhine

You cannot view this attachment.

nathanglasgow

Quote from: diffwhine on Sep 22, 2023, 01:10 PMJohn... You are not alone!
I've never got on with any of the Instagram, X/Twitter and so on platforms. They seem to be designed for people with the attention span of a goldfish.
Forums still work fine for me...

Ditto

NoBeardNoTopKnot

None of it matters really, what does matter is that we feel it's necessary to apologise for an opinion. I'll apologise now shall I?

Alan Drover

I agree. I'm not on any social media thingies (I wouldn't know how to get on one anyway).
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

8 Pot Ed

John... You are not alone!
I've never got on with any of the Instagram, X/Twitter and so on platforms. They seem to be designed for people with the attention span of a goldfish.
Forums still work fine For me

Let me tell you something!
In my time as AR for Surrey and Sussex, with the club email system regularly proving unreliable, g'mail, social media platforms and WhatsApp were essential tools for my communication with local members. You may have a new forum here which I must say looks very nice, but with comments like that from the chairman for all to see, proves you still have a long way to go as a club, to get yourselves out of the dark ages and into the real world.

N

Quote from: NoBeardNoTopKnot on Sep 23, 2023, 11:30 AMNone of it matters really, what does matter is that we feel it's necessary to apologise for an opinion. I'll apologise now shall I?

Nobody is asking you to apologise...

You have an opinion, I have a different one. You and Diffwhine expressed yours, I expressed mine. There is no argument with anyone.

diffwhine

Thanks Eddie.

I think I made it clear that this was my personal opinion. I'm acting Chairman of a Classic Land Rover Club, not the UN Secretary General. I'm not going to run shy of making an off the cuff comment in jest.

The Series 2 Club has a new Instagram page, a fully functional club email system, a Twitter feed and this forum updated and working fine. We also have a revised website on the horizon. I'm not sure what more the club can do...!

Just because I may choose not to be a regular social media user does not make me a Luddite and I do not believe that this club is in the Dark Ages any more than any other classic car club. As I said, the club recognises the need for Social Media and we are actively dealing with this and now have the right people in place to run our social media presence. I am just not that person!  :cheers

Bloke

If anyone has any photos of their Land Rovers, or photos from shows, progress photos of work you're doing on your Land Rover etc, that you'd be happy to be shared on Instagram and/or Twitter, please get in touch. We're always on the lookout for great content to share.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)

Larry S

Quote from: Bloke on Sep 23, 2023, 09:18 PMIf anyone has any photos of their Land Rovers, or photos from shows, progress photos of work you're doing on your Land Rover etc, that you'd be happy to be shared on Instagram and/or Twitter, please get in touch. We're always on the lookout for great content to share.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

That's basically what I post on mine.  Pics of Grover, updates, how-tos, other interests and general shenanigans.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.