News:

It's Spring Time   ... 

Main Menu

October's PoM competition

Started by Wittsend, Oct 01, 2023, 07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry S

Just out-n-about cruising with the gang.

'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

simon1959

OK, a bit tongue in cheek. I was curious to learn about AI, so I checked out Microsoft's offering. This is what they created give the brief - 1959 series land rover autumn scene striking sunset, so I cannot claim it as my own image!

Not bad is it? Is this the first AI created image on the forum?

diffwhine

That is quite scary! AI developed 2A... Can we train the AI to sort out the oil leaks too? I note there is no dark puddle on the ground...
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

diffwhine

Quote from: Larry S on Oct 30, 2023, 03:44 PMJust out-n-about cruising with the gang.

Every year Larry your images hit the spot. If you are "out-n-about cruising with the gang", which one is you?
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Larry S

Quote from: diffwhine on Oct 30, 2023, 04:10 PM
Quote from: Larry S on Oct 30, 2023, 03:44 PMJust out-n-about cruising with the gang.

Every year Larry your images hit the spot. If you are "out-n-about cruising with the gang", which one is you?

I'm not in the pic - I was taking it!  ROTFL!!!
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

jkhackney

Quote from: simon1959 on Oct 30, 2023, 04:05 PMOK, a bit tongue in cheek. I was curious to learn about AI, so I checked out Microsoft's offering. This is what they created give the brief - 1959 series land rover autumn scene striking sunset, so I cannot claim it as my own image!

Not bad is it? Is this the first AI created image on the forum?

This is impressive compared to most attempts! Reminds me of a painting Richard Hammond made on Top Gear.

I took a university course over the past year on developing and training AI models. The microsoft program basically used every image that's ever been online. It almost certainly trained on images that included ones from this forum and those linked from it ... that is, photos that we took of OUR own vehicles!! (uncredited of course - I'm sure we don't care, but imagine if you're a real artist who identifies his work in an AI product, uncredited and not compensated). At any rate, this means that if your image wins photo of the month, it's a win for all of us!
-Jeremy