News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

Tire options for a 109 station wagon

Started by Bezdonian, Apr 09, 2024, 09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bezdonian

Hi everyone
With my restoration underway it's soon coming time to buy new tires for my 69 109 station wagon.
I'll be using tubeless defender standard rims with 7.50 R16 size.
I'll be doing about 90% on road driving with the standard steering set up without power steering. I'm also installing a damper as my car will have the 6 pot engine. I've also got parabolic springs if that means anything.

I'm currently looking at Michelin xzls but also tempted to get Michelin latitude crosses.

Also because I'm doing a military vehicle restoration I'd prefer to get something that looks a bit offroady.
I had been looking a wrangler radials but supply seems to have dried up.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

John

I'm very keen on Michelin latitude crosses, great road holding and great ride, in almost all conditions and wear very well but I doubt they have the look you want but my first choise :gold-cup
Used to be "oilstain" on old forum

22900013A

Gunga Din

General Super All Grip (radials)

Richard

I had these Bridgestone Duelers on our Discovery, later on the Range Rover Classic. I think they fit a tubeless Defender rim, but I'm not sure. I was very satisfied with them. All season tyres, with the "official" three-peak mountain snowflake symbol. Mileage of the (300TDi) Disco went from 1:11 to 1:12 (I'm very light footed :cool ).
Richard
'64 S2a