News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

What you did with your Series 2 in December ?

Started by Wittsend, Dec 01, 2023, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Drover

Brake lights checked using Land Rover special tool number 3, a length of wood to push the brake pedal down then wedged against the seat box. All ok.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

simonbav

I finished a little corner repair to my seatbase driver's side and started cutting replacement panels for the passenger side underseat box. I'll replace the regular pop rivets with flush ones too.
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Mr Ed

I have done several things, but I have been away from this dear Forum...

I have been learning the art of assembling and adjusting a differential and installing an ARB lock, for my brother's 1964 88,
I have had to buy several tools, but it has been entertaining and I have learned a lot.

Today I was installing the vent rubbers. , they fit very tight, we will see if in a few more days they adapt to the hatch and I hope they close more smoothly.
Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

Mr Ed

Taking advantage of the pleasant temperatures arriving in this corner of the world,

I was also adjusting the tub of my IIA,
I made some aluminum spacers to move the tub a few mm backwards.

It was a pleasant weekend... :salud Amigo
Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

andyjb

Radiator cover on and also put petroleum jelly on all the door seals and locks.

GlenAnderson

Drove it to the picket line. Stood next to it for a few hours. Drove home again.

diffwhine

Made good inroads into another gearbox today. Nearly finished - just have to wait for a new mainshaft oil seal as the one fitted wasn't up to scratch.
Rebuilt a Zenith carb and then looked at my own car - I'll get to it one day... :thud
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Bonnet-rouge

Painted wing mirrors as suffered in never ending wind and rain until roof off and now in mancave ..
The Earth is flat 🌎

Mr Ed

Quote from: diffwhine on Dec 06, 2023, 05:38 PMMade good inroads into another gearbox today. Nearly finished - just have to wait for a new mainshaft oil seal as the one fitted wasn't up to scratch.
Rebuilt a Zenith carb and then looked at my own car - I'll get to it one day... :thud
Hello Diffwhine
Hehehe... I can relate to your words, the same thing happens to me, I work more on my brother's LR than on mine... It happens to many... Even if it's just a little, we also have to work on ours.  ??? Greetings
Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

Mr Ed

And speaking of working in our LRs,

taking advantage of the fact that good weather and high temperatures arrive in this corner of the world, and that the sun sets at 8:50 p.m., that gives time to work after arriving from work, with a pleasant temperature ...

Today I was placing the aluminum angle that I made for the back of the bathtub, it is looking very good...an excellent way to end the day..
Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

Mr Ed

Iin my brother's LR..install vent seals.

They are quite tight, and also notice, when removing the hatches, as someone on the forum said,
 notice that they have a small curve, which makes the ends tighter.

Use Sika 221 glue
Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

Larry S

Not today, but last Saturday.  Participated in our community Christmas parade.  Santa was supposed to arrive in Grover, but due to a heavy drizzle that moved in he was delivered to the community center via police car, no one wants to deal with a wet Santa.  Santa has made it known he wants to arrive in Grover next year.

'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Space-Kook

Quote from: Larry S on Dec 08, 2023, 01:54 AMNot today, but last Saturday.  Participated in our community Christmas parade.  Santa was supposed to arrive in Grover, but due to a heavy drizzle that moved in he was delivered to the community center via police car, no one wants to deal with a wet Santa.  Santa has made it known he wants to arrive in Grover next year.

Larry that looks bloody brilliant!
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Gareth

Sadly put my 109 in the garage until next year.

Had a hand surgery yesterday which has put paid to any work on the S2a and definitely not able to drive it until my hand is healed.

Mike T

I actually found a rattle that has been annoying me for weeks. It was the switch on the lever single wiper motor.