News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

What you did with your Series 2 in December ?

Started by Wittsend, Dec 01, 2023, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Ed

Quote from: Mike T on Dec 08, 2023, 09:42 AMI actually found a rattle that has been annoying me for weeks. It was the switch on the lever single wiper motor.
I had to repair one like this, take off the cover and with a small hammer rivet the switch shaft again, just enough to make it tight again.
Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

Mr Ed

I continue to make progress on the tub of my 88, today I did the first tests with Countersunk Head Solid Rivets, I had not used them, I was pleasantly surprised by how well they look, this will help me a lot with the repairs.

Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

Larry S

Quote from: Space-Kook on Dec 08, 2023, 02:47 AM
Quote from: Larry S on Dec 08, 2023, 01:54 AMNot today, but last Saturday.  Participated in our community Christmas parade.  Santa was supposed to arrive in Grover, but due to a heavy drizzle that moved in he was delivered to the community center via police car, no one wants to deal with a wet Santa.  Santa has made it known he wants to arrive in Grover next year.

Larry that looks bloody brilliant!

Thank you - appreciate it!
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

simonbav

I got the n/s seatbox end made and fitted with countersunk rivets and Tiger Seal.  The flush rivets are a big improvement over the regular dome headed I previously used. I called time at 7pm when the gale and rain outside abated as I have a mile and a half to cycle to the bus stop.  :cool

1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Peter Holden

Just used it as a storage facilty, I have bought an engine crane from forum member Rob Stanyer.  Collected it in our car yesterday but need the car this morning in car mode so the crane is in the back of the land rover temporarily.

Peter

simonbav

Quote from: Peter Holden on Dec 10, 2023, 09:10 AMJust used it as a storage facilty, I have bought an engine crane from forum member Rob Stanyer.  Collected it in our car yesterday but need the car this morning in car mode so the crane is in the back of the land rover temporarily.

Peter

I found my 109 very useful undercover space for my shed building timber, Pete  :cheers

GHOBHW

land rovers always end up as a form of shed for a while.

they have a different life every year :RHD

diffwhine

Mine is currently the resting place for a whole pile of new and old Series 2 Club banners, flags and other bits and bobs!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Tom66

Made a start to fitting the new footwell.

RATA1

Fitted a new flywheel and clutch.
Finally.
S2 88
D4 XXV

Hopeydaze

Removed and inspected the air intake hose that runs from the oil bath air filter to the carb.  I'm told these can degrade on the inside leading to a loss of air getting to the carb
I'm happy to report that my 25 year old hose is in good condition
1964 SWB SW. Sold by Land Rover New York, I purchased it in West Virginia, when I lived in the US, brought back to England in 2001

Gareth

Got the diesel burning cab heater working again. I fitted Qualcast lawnmower fuel tank under the bonnet to hold the diesel (petrol engine in mine)

Had to make a fuel feed pipe out of brake line, and clipped it underneath.

Heater is in a metal box in rear tub, ducted to cab and rear area. It works really well.  (toasty dog is a happy dog!)

simonbav

Quote from: Gareth on Dec 14, 2023, 05:05 PMGot the diesel burning cab heater working again. I fitted Qualcast lawnmower fuel tank under the bonnet to hold the diesel (petrol engine in mine)

Had to make a fuel feed pipe out of brake line, and clipped it underneath.

Heater is in a metal box in rear tub, ducted to cab and rear area. It works really well.  (toasty dog is a happy dog!)

Nice. One of the things I love about LR ownership is personal customisation

Peter Holden

Spent the morning with the trailer as the woks van shifting stuff for my son and the afternoon rebuilding the drivers side door lock that decided to fall apart whilst I was out

Peter

simonbav

I made further progress on my passenger underseat box today, increased its usable dimensions and put a 2mm floor in with an old tophat from the rear body as a stiffener. I've usefully remembered I've one off those large Kwik-cramps for holding the box together lengthwise when I drill the next rivet holes. I was struggling with only two hands yesterday. (And I've just noticed the unbent tabs on the gearbox mount)