News:

It's Spring time   ... 

Main Menu

S2C Cutaway 2.25 Petrol Engine resurrection

Started by diffwhine, Jul 07, 2023, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diffwhine

Thanks to JonB, we now have the correct modified front cover and a whole load of other useful bits which I'm busy painting and getting ready to fit.
While going to the Club outing to Exmoor Trim yesterday, I stopped off at the Distributor Doctor in Wiveliscombe and collected the Club's refurbished distributor. Having given Martin what was essentially a piece of scrap, he has turned it into a fully functional DM2 distributor. Far more than I expected, but it is really the only fully functional part part of the whole engine! What a great man and what a great business! Really impressed with the whole operation and will probably post some information about that separately or do an article for B2L.

However... I have now gained a new problem! Now that we have the correct early distributor mounting plate for the engine (thank you JonB again), of course I now find that the drive adapter is the wrong one to mate the oil pump to the distributor drive. I need the early one which is p/n 247806. That's item 23 in the image below. I can't find a spare one and would rather not use my own one which is waiting to go into my own engine. Has anybody got a spare one they can throw this way?

You cannot view this attachment. 

1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

diffwhine

A bit of a tumbleweed moment over this distributor drive gear...

Surely somebody has got one rattling about?

If it's a problem getting one to me, maybe the Newbury Sortout is an option?

diffwhine

Aside from my distributor drive issue (we could just buy a new one from Craddocks), we are pretty much there now and almost ready to show it.

You cannot view this attachment.

jonhutchings

Phil2014

That looks amazing, well done to all involved.
Phil.
Borders area rep.

Peter Holden

Phil, you need to buy a ticket for the NEC (use your club discount) and come down to see it in the flesh.  It is much nicer than your telephone box

Peter

Exile

That is, quite simply, a thing of beauty.

Never mind the NEC - put it in The Louvre!