What did you do with your Series 2 in September ...

Started by Wittsend, Sep 01, 2023, 08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloke

Well I was going to continue bleeding the brakes on my 2A today. But it's way too hot for those kind of shenanigans. The plan has been changed to sitting in the garden with a beer.  :cheers-man
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)

Herald1360

Fitted some sunvisors!

Evening sunshine is a killer at this time of year (I'm not on the road early enough for mornings to be troublesome.)

:cool

Kaney

Went to the pub for a shandy with the Mrs because it was needed (Not the shandy but the hood rolled up windows out vents open to cool down nice drive in this hot weather) Phew !!! :cheers-man

Betsy1969

Started her up first turn of the key after a few seconds pre - heat and reversed out of my garage for the first time in several weeks , impressed again.

Spent half an hour trying to understand the door gaps and alignment, compared some measurements supplied by Diffwhine and ended up more confused. Started up again without heaters and drove back into my garage.

Andy

Peter Holden

Diff seal and carrier fitted, tool for holding flange whilst tightening up the pinion nut made.  Flange tightened (my torque wrench doesnt do foot pounds I had to convert to newton metres.  Prop shaft greased whilst up in the air.

Alan Drover

I attended the Longstock Rally. It was an extremely hot day. There was a display in the arena for the 75th anniversary of Land Rover. The 2A next to me in the photo, a Series 3 County Station Wagon, a fire Series 3 a 101, and an ex UN Defender still in its white livery all took part.
Edit. Omitted the 2004 130 Td5 double cab.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Jimbo

Managed to get the front wings and front panel off. Both footwells and half a door pillar need replacing.
Could be worse I guess....

Alan Drover

Longstock Rally again. A Series 2A with a "non Land Rover engine" joined in the arena display of 75 years of Land Rover. Although it rained it wasn't enough to spoil the event and it was much better than yesterday.
An interesting vehicle was a tractor with a horizontally opposed twin cylinder petrol engine of 6 litres. Fortunately it had a starter motor but was being jump started.
I was given a guided tour of a DeLorean which had been rebuilt from a pile of bits. The owner was then given a guided tour of my Land Rover.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Alan Drover

Washed the Series 3 in preparation for a good polish, hopefully tomorrow, and then 6 photos for the insurance valuation.
I found some mild scouring sponges which took the dullness out of the paint without any scratches. The plastic headlight lenses got a polish with headlight cleaner and UV protector.
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Peter Holden

Checked all the oil levels and topped up  the front diff (having drained to fit the pinion seal)  Gearbox needed a bit, overdrive OK and had to drain some from the transfer box.  Rear diff was spot on

Peter

nathanglasgow

Drove out to the Trossachs and climbed Ben A'an. Only a 'one spanner job' problem with it today. Needed to tighten the fuel pump outlet in the car park to stop the drips of petrol. Good view from the top and a nice 60ish mile run in total.

Bigdog

Started getting it ready for the engine swap

Bigdog

Larry S

'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Peter Holden

Pressed into action as a mobile workshop this morning whilst doing some work at a friends house and will be doing a tip run later

Peter