Started by NoBeardNoTopKnot, Sep 08, 2023, 11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittsend

Exile

We should get a load of these for the club shop  :cool

[/quote]

Surely not.

For the reason Diffwhine said.

And for the reason that we will be acknowledging every single car on the road.

Even Jeeps!🙃

Len

Landrover Len
South wales
My own waves to real l/rs ie series 1 2 3 4 & rangies are always done on site of any of them,but only when not manuvering ,also a nod will go along with it with a smile.

Happy thoughts and the feel good factor will follow.

growler

Little lads always wave and love it when you wave back. You can hear them say to their Dads -  Look Dad, an army truck!

A lady from the balkans who lived next door to a friend of mine referred to my 88 truck cab as an army truck.

I must admit initially I took it as an insult at first.

Must have been lost in translation.

Serious Series

I get lots of waves from other landrovers local to me , but also acknowledge all classic cars in the area.
I think a lot depends on the area you live in the UK.

Also if people know what your vehicle is and revere it.

Len

Landrover Len 210
Years ago in my usefully employed time as a long distance artic driver , i sometimes took one of my children along .
To keep him or her occupied we would count all series landrovers spotted,it worked a treat.
South wales up as far as Aberdeen up to around 100 give or take.
Cab height was a big advantage being able to see over walls and hedges .
I had a clip board for notes that had a stickers from landrover international and landrover enthusiast on the back that laid  in front at the windscreen,I have had a few waves,thumbs up,toots and loads of landrovers drivers and passengers.
Question: what's the difference between a smile and a grin.
Answer: smile when seen and grin when driving a landrover.

A big thank you to all club workers respect to you all for all you do for our club.
And now a merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all, stay safe.

I like the smile grin distinction Len.

I had both the other day, I could scarcely believe my eyes and had to pull up turn around and go back and gawp.

Pastel green s1 80, lights behind grille that someone had decided to venture out in the salt snow and ice in.  It was not sporting a canvas or sticks, going for the full air con.