What did you do with your Series 2 in October ...

Started by Wittsend, Oct 01, 2023, 07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkhackney

I also spent time last night trying to stop oil leaks on the 2.6L. There's a troubling amount collected in the flywheel housing despite a new rear engine seal not long ago :'(

I replaced all the gaskets/copper washers on the oil filter adapter as well as the pressure gauge and warning switch.

I also tightened the sump bolts but sometimes that's counterproductive. We'll see.

GHOBHW

maybe it still stop after a bit...I've seen it happen before anyway, oil leaks magically cure themselves sometimes...(even when full)

scottuh1

Took my Landy for its first short drive after full rebuild!  :gold-cup All went well. Longer drive planned for tomorrow and some snags to sort out.  :RHD

Space-Kook

Not strictly *my* landy, but today I made some quick colour change mockups for my dad's lightweight as he's thinking of repainting.
Far from perfect but I quite like the red.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

GHOBHW

Quote from: Space-Kook on Oct 04, 2023, 10:47 PMNot strictly *my* landy, but today I made some quick colour change mockups for my dad's lightweight as he's thinking of repainting.

i vote for yellow!

O7BE16

What about RAF Blue or White? - then you can have a different colour that could be considered original. (Yellow could also be possibly original for RAF Glider schools)

Alan Drover

After all my washing, polishing and photographing my valuation has been agreed by Peter Best.
OT maybe.
Series 3 Owner but interested in all real Land Rovers.
"Being born was my first big mistake."
"Ça plane pour moi!"

Ben2a

Quote from: Space-Kook on Oct 04, 2023, 10:47 PMNot strictly *my* landy, but today I made some quick colour change mockups for my dad's lightweight as he's thinking of repainting.
I done similar thing, I Photoshopped soft top on mine, liked it and got one lol

RATA1

Collected my flywheel.
£21.60 to remove a dowel and put 2 in. Bargain.
S2 88
D4 XXV

Bonnet-rouge

Shiny new starter motor fitted , old one was starting to get temperamental and as I'm off on a road trip to Blighty soon wanted to be
able to start . Great service from Paddocks and DHL ordered Tuesday arrived here in the back of beyond Thursday lunchtime.. :cheers-man
The Earth is flat 🌎

Scotty

That'll look great in red, the red arrows team I believe had a couple of lightweights in red, I had a yellow lightweight back in the 90's with a P5 V8 in it, it was lovely cheers Paul

RATA1

De-rusted (mostly using electrolysis) and cleaned up some rusty bits ready for painting.
S2 88
D4 XXV

Space-Kook

Quote from: RATA1 on Oct 07, 2023, 09:04 PMDe-rusted (mostly using electrolysis) and cleaned up some rusty bits ready for painting.
That looks really good, did you make your own bath?
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

Space-Kook

Went out for a proper test drive this afternoon, and did some last minute prep for Amberley tomorrow.
1969 2A
1968 2A LWT

RATA1

Quote from: Space-Kook on Oct 07, 2023, 09:29 PM
Quote from: RATA1 on Oct 07, 2023, 09:04 PMDe-rusted (mostly using electrolysis) and cleaned up some rusty bits ready for painting.
That looks really good, did you make your own bath?
I have made a few "baths". One large enough to put an axle and springs in! That was a thick plastic sheet dropped in a 18mm ply frame :)

The one to do the above bits was just a plastic storage container.

Some things I just soak in Bilt Hamber's Deox but if you leave stuff in too long it can eat it. Never have that with electrolysis.

Deox leaves it nice and grey, electrolysis leaves a black deposit on it that needs a scrub.

S2 88
D4 XXV