News:

Dance Like a Chicken Day   ... 

Main Menu

What did you do with your Series 2 in October ...

Started by Wittsend, Oct 01, 2023, 07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Lowe

Fitted new tank to the SWB as I managed to put a small hole in the old one playing on an off road cause a couple of months ago.  Also Fitted new( second Hand) exhaust manifold with the studs in the right place,  unlike the old one that TPO had drilled out and tapped in the wrong place. 

scottuh1

First time out and about! Trip to Lidl! Adventurous or what?!  :RHD

simon1959

I blew another fuse. Seems to be happening quite regularly now which is puzzling. I fitted a new wiring loom some time back and had no issues at all until recently. It may be coincidence, but I have been having a little trouble with my indicator light. My indicator has a small bulb in the end of the arm. Its been a little intermittent but seems to work with a bit of a fiddle. Bad earth was my reasoning. How would that cause a fuse to blow? Any other likely culprits?

Kaney

Quote from: simon1959 on Oct 08, 2023, 01:38 PMI blew another fuse. Seems to be happening quite regularly now which is puzzling. I fitted a new wiring loom some time back and had no issues at all until recently. It may be coincidence, but I have been having a little trouble with my indicator light. My indicator has a small bulb in the end of the arm. Its been a little intermittent but seems to work with a bit of a fiddle. Bad earth was my reasoning. How would that cause a fuse to blow? Any other likely culprits?
Have you checked the flasher relay in the dash as it could be earthing on something or one of the 3 wires is not connected tight to it

simonbav

I had a trial fit of my rear tub on my '61 SWB after fitting a new rear 1/4 chassis and found the alignment was 1/2" out at the bulkhead to the right. I measured the chassis all over and found the main rails were straight and within 2mm of each other in length so I'm satisfied my repair alignment was spot on. I figure the rear tub has lozenged when I put in a new floor after the chassis repair, so figure on tightening the rear cross member fixings and ratchet strapping the tub as close as I can to proper alignment.  I'll let you know how I get on.

Well, I gave it what for with two ratchet straps and got it aligned, drilled and bolted. That's a major tick on progress. Roll on next Friday when I can play again.
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

Avalon

Not really today but over the last 2 weeks.

Many thanks to all who helped inform me about my no drive in hi range.

I removed the rear half shafts and found the short right side one twisted off in the differential.

So I ordered 2 new ones along with gaskets, new prop shaft nuts and bolts.

As I awaited these, I dismantled the differential which for me (79) was a new learning curve.

I was surprised at how easy the 63 year old nuts were to remove.

I then was able to drift out the broken stub.

When the new shafts arrived, I put everything back together having cleaned up whatever I could while awaiting the parts.

Yesterday, I finally was able to try it out. SUCCESS!

John

Larry S

Continuation of trop top roof vent refurbishment.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Bloke

Picked up some new old stock genuine second row doors.

The seller has had them in his garage since the 70's!

Chuffed to bits with them.
1968 Series 2A 88" 2.25 Petrol (Mine)
1968 Series 2A 109" Station Wagon 2.6 Petrol (My Dad's)

diffwhine

Now that is a result! Well done!
1965 2A 88" Station Wagon

Mr Ed

In my brother's Series IIA,
I removed and disassembled the rear differential, to install an ARB lock, it is my first time.

I have been learning the art of assembling and adjusting a differential, I have had to buy several tools, quite a challenge.

:café
Everyday better...
88 Station Wagon 1966
Ex Army

simonbav

Quote from: Mr Ed on Oct 13, 2023, 07:07 PMIn my brother's Series IIA,
I removed and disassembled the rear differential, to install an ARB lock, it is my first time.

I have been learning the art of assembling and adjusting a differential, I have had to buy several tools, quite a challenge.

:café

Today at 07:28 PM
Nothing like a challenge to appreciate your capabilities   :cheers-man
1961 88" 2286 petrol truck cab
1971 109" 2286 diesel station wagon

jkhackney

Quote from: Bloke on Oct 13, 2023, 06:47 PMPicked up some new old stock genuine second row doors.

The seller has had them in his garage since the 70's!

Chuffed to bits with them.

A time capsule! Mmm I remember when most stuff in the world was brown like that, or harvest gold or orange! At least you know they'll fit!

Ben2a

Quote from: Space-Kook on Oct 03, 2023, 06:27 PMPicked the series up from the garage, accidentally dropped a bolt into the flywheel housing and they fished it out for me.
love the look of your motor  :cheers-man

Ben2a

Pumpkin harvest at the allotment

Bonnet-rouge

The Earth is flat 🌎